What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International travel with the ipad

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for my son and i planning getting togerther in the middle of his tour overseas in Rome and spending a week going around the area just hanging out ..so i beening looking at the targus world power adapter for useing overseas to charge the ipad as it need ..will need to buy a voltage convert unit for use over there .

is there anything else will i need to buy

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no need for a power converter. All Apple power supplies are multivoltage. Just order the "Travel-Adapter Pack" from Apple......or if you want it cheap, then just get the Braun-Cable....

2CONDPWR5.jpg

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or be a big shot and spend $3.00 for an adapter plug from Amazon!

316TmKXfHVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Adapters-Italy-Adapter-Plug/dp/B001ST6KOC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qlEnable=1&qid=1277212939&sr=1-6]Amazon.com: Italy Adapter Plug B: Clothing[/ame]

winwaed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geowebguru.com
The standard Apple charger is rated for European 220-230V, so you just need a plug adapter.

I find travel adapters often have short lives - cheaply built but sold at a premium. I would buy one that looks to be solidly built, rather than one that claims to support a hundred countries.

Richard
(European citizen resident in the US)

Most reactions

Latest posts