What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting ipad article

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a side note, I just returned from the base pool where I overheard two fighter pilots discussing the use of their iPads for pre-flight checks, etc. The Pentagon is a pretty nice niche for Apple and it certainly adds a new dimension for the pad.

OP
J

Jingertson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SaberOne said:
On a side note, I just returned from the base pool where I overheard two fighter pilots discussing the use of their iPads for pre-flight checks, etc. The Pentagon is a pretty nice niche for Apple and it certainly adds a new dimension for the pad.

Also some commercial pilot are able to use the iPad also.

PurpleDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like true - iPad was released first.

Looks like true. All tablet manufacturers other than Apple released their product MUCH later than iPad. Some of them are just starting (like HP).

OP
J

Jingertson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PurpleDragon said:
Looks like true. All tablet manufacturers other than Apple released their product MUCH later than iPad. Some of them are just starting (like HP).

Ok, you right apple was first on the market, still that percent of the market is substantial and will be hard to catch unless there is a major scandal of sorts. Thing if apple allow flash.

chelseaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jingertson said:
Ok, you right apple was first on the market, still that percent of the market is substantial and will be hard to catch unless there is a major scandal of sorts. Thing if apple allow flash.

I agree with what the article is saying,

But this is the thing that does get under my skin to be honest,

Approx 5 years ago don't quote me maybe more,
bill gates dream was a tablet form pc he really pushed for it but there operating system wasnt capable of running it properly,
ie I remember seeing a corporate showing with Microsoft running there OS and it was very slow and un responsive, they showed a hand righting program to show the versatility of the os and it completely failed, proper crashed and burned while everyone watched.

Apple produced the iPad, it wasn't a completely unknown concept,
but here's the thing as with apple products they build the hardware but also build the software so it all works seamlessly.

I'm quoting that, as I'd also like to quote the iPhone

Before the iPhone came out the best on the market for smart phones was nokia with the N95 and communicator I think it was.

To all the apple bashers,
if it wasn't for the iPhone u wouldn't have the HTC and samsung galaxies (even looks like an iPhone) & Androids of this world.

Or the tablets that are now coming out by the other vendors,
apple took the plunge with the iPad and especially with the iPhone as they had nothing in the mobile phone Market before and the completion was fierce.

They have pushed the Market to play catch up which benefits everyone.

I wish people would give apple some credit for once,
And yes I did use a pc up until about 12 years ago.

Hugh07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chelseaboy said:
I wish people would give apple some credit for once,
And yes I did use a pc up until about 12 years ago.

I agree, the iPad 2 is my first Apple product and I am very impressed with it.
I intend to look at Apple when it comes to upgrading my laptop.

Hugh

Most reactions