What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HTML6: To the Cloud

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read and interesting article about the issue of apps and screen sizes. It seems that anything over 5" screen size, works well with apps working through the browser, but when you get down to 3.5 to 4" screens, a browser app will not work, hence the problem. HTML6 (yes, they are working on it even though HTML5 is not finished) will provide a platform base for the future of cloud based apps that will work on all units.

Here is an excerpt from the article:
Although we may always need apps for use on smaller screens, I think Trip Hawkins is ultimately correct. If we move to a cross-device world, where diversity in operating systems reigns, then the one constant denominator will most likely be the browser. And in that browser, the apps would be consistent no matter what OS is used on any screen we use in our digital lifestyle.
That means that developers need to be able to create great apps on OS platforms, as well as the browser. Steve Jobs has actually pushed this scenario too. Part of his decision for not supporting Flash was because he feels that HTML5 and future versions will be robust enough to deliver complete audio, video, and enhanced, graphics-based apps. I have no doubt that even though Apple will push its apps platforms, it will simultaneously deliver a more powerful browser app SDK in the future.

Most reactions

Latest posts