What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insurance for your iPad

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs here...did a quick search and couldn't find a better place to put this. Don't have a lot of time before I have to leave, so I thought I'd post it (before I forget!) and if it needs moved, so be it.

For anyone interested in a Worth Ave Group insurance policy on your iPad 2 - they put out a new promo code today on facebook - get 15% off with code FB15. Usually, they only have 10% discounts.

For anyone not familiar with Worth Ave Group, their website is here: Get iPhone Insurance and laptop insurance with a Worth Ave Group Insurance Policy

I contacted them because I've heard so much conflicting info on how claims are handled and such. Here's what they said about WAG vs. SquareTrade:

"Hi! The biggest difference is that we are insurance as opposed to warranty. That means we cover Theft as well as all other natural disasters. We also allow unlimited claims, and allow the policy to roll over to your new device after a claim. With a warranty, once you file a claim you must purchase the warranty for your new machine. As far as our claims process it is SO easy. For an iPad if you have a theft, file a police report and send in the claim forms. You will have a claim check back in 5-7 days. If your iPad is damaged we will overnight you a box, send it back to our repair center, we will repair it and send it right back. This process takes no more than 5-7 days. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask."

Just thought I'd share, if anyone is interested. Again, sorry if in the wrong place. I usually buy through SquareTrade but due to recent problems with them, I'm searching elsewhere. Like the idea of Theft coverage!

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Has anyone had dealings with this company, whether it be positive or negative as I was looking at them already and would like to know about them, before getting insurance with them.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have homeowners or condo contents insurance, they often cover electronics and other personal belongings even if they're stolen while you're away from home. Might want to check yours, to avoid double-paying.

OP
china_cat84

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
If you have homeowners or condo contents insurance, they often cover electronics and other personal belongings even if they're stolen while you're away from home. Might want to check yours, to avoid double-paying.

This is true, however some homeowner's policies may require you purchase an extra endorsement for your policy. Ours covers electronics, but only if they're stolen from our home or damaged there and no ADH coverage. We'd have to buy an extra endorsement to cover this and if I file a claim, there's the possibility of my payments increasing.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions