What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insomnia Toggle in SBSettings - not working

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed Insomnia Pro today on the iPad and also installed the Insomnia toggle app. It shows in the list of settable toggles in SBSettings<>More<>Set Toggles, but like several other toggles in the list, it does not ever show up as a toggle button in the control box.

By the time I have to pay for it, I'd like to know why I can't control it, or know if there is some other way. And, without being able to see an ON/OFF button, I'll never know if it's actually on or not.

Thanks,

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seem to have missed anew screen of icons which had the Insomnia icon on it. I see that it's engaged and also has the scheduling controls.

Still, SBSettings toggle doesn't work for it.

OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning,

Oh yes, resprung (it seems to happen automatically when I make those kinds of changes). There's a big list of items to set toggles for, and most of them will not show up as toggle buttons when they are set to "ON." I might try reinstalling the app and see what happens. Thanks,

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, pardon me for asking the obvious question - did you know that SBSettings has pages? As in, you can push aside the first page to see a second page, just like on the Springboard. Maybe that's where all your other toggles are; on that second page.

I ask because I didn't know this myself - found it out by accident. Apologies if this isn't your situation...

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, for SBSettings toggles to initialise properly the app in question usually has to be OFF to start with. There are usually problems if you try and start to use a toggle when the app is already enabled. For some reason the toggle does not take over.
Switch it off using the app, then on using the toggle and it should then toggle on and off as you expect.

OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning (again),

Marilyn - Thanks for that bit of info. If there are other pages, I can't seem to turn to another. I presume one would swipe one way or another, but nothing seems to change. I'll try setting all the toggles on and see what happens then.

The the "SuperModerator" - Thanks to you also for your hint. I'll try fiddling as your suggest.

Toodleoo,

OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have activated EVERY toggle on the list, and I have a full box (4 across X 3 down), but can find no way of increasing the box size to show more icons, or more importantly, can't figure how to flip pages. I guess I need to determine that last part first. So how's it done? Thanks again.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just like your home screen, flick the first page of toggles to the left to see the next page.

OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Just like your home screen, flick the first page of toggles to the left to see the next page.

Boy, that would sure seem logical. But that swipe - with one, OR two fingers - does absolutely nothing. Go figure.

I just turned off every toggle except the one we originally discussed - Insomnia - and it is NOT showing. The box is blank. I'll do some more testing, but it'll be a bit later.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could always be that the insomnia toggle is not supported on IOS 4.x. There are lots of old toggles which do not work on SBSettings. I don't use insomnia, so can't check for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts