What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail messages not loading on iPads "no offline messages" ?

SimplyBea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every thing was okay this morning and sometime in the course of the day I am now unable to load messages in my "Inbox" on safari on both my iPad3 and 1st gen iPad?

I am able to load the messages on my iPhone 4S and mbp but not on my iPads.
My partner also has a gmail account and he was able to load his on to his iPad.

Help please???

TIA

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try going to Settings > Safari, and Clear Cookies and Data. This will clear all data associated with the website.

It will also clear your login for all the sites that usually remember you; so expect it.

You can be more targeted if you want to fiddle with it. By going into the Advanced and Website Data you can clear data/cookies for specific sites.

Judes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I also have the same issue and get all mail when I click on search then cancel all comes up but it's annoying as the inbox still does not refresh. I tried your fix but that didn't work any other suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I dont' have any other ideas about accessing GMail through Safari. I don't do it often enough to know what is unusual or normal.

There are other ways to get GMail besides Safari and Mail:

The official GMail app.
You can use the Google Search app to access GMail.
And several third party email apps. Just search the App Store for GMail.

Perhaps one of these will work better for you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I dont' have any other ideas about accessing GMail through Safari. I don't do it often enough to know what is normal.

• The official GMail app.
  • You can use the Google Search app to access GMail.
  • And several third party email apps. Just search the App Store for GMail.

Judes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I dont' have any other ideas about accessing GMail through Safari. I don't do it often enough to know what is normal.

[*]The official GMail app.
[*]You can use the Google Search app to access GMail.
[*]And several third party email apps. Just search the App Store for GMail.
[*]

Thanks will try and let you know

Judes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay tried dload of gmail app iTunes ... No diff ... Tried access from Safari ... No diff. Hopefully Apple will give us a fix as my work and personal emails come through gmail.

Thanks for trying.

Judes

iPF Noob
Reaction score

• The official GMail app.
  • You can use the Google Search app to access GMail.
  • And several third party email apps. Just search the App Store for GMail.

Hey I was digging around and tried debug (just grasping at straws here) and when load gmail it say there is an error with JavaScript. Can't copy so bear with me... It says there is an undefined error ...
Type error: 'undefined' is not an object

Is this any help to our issue?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Judes said:
Hey I was digging around and tried debug (just grasping at straws here) and when load gmail it say there is an error with JavaScript. Can't copy so bear with me... It says there is an undefined error ...
Type error: 'undefined' is not an object

Is this any help to our issue?

It might be of help if you sent it to Google. It means little to me except that Safari does not like something in Google's code for the page.

Judes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It might be of help if you sent it to Google. It means little to me except that Safari does not like something in Google's code for the page.

Will try thanks and funny the mail issue apparently is intermittent as it is working again. Will still send to google through.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We sometimes forget that the app and device are not everything. There's the internet and the servers, and they also have problems on occasion. Makes it harder to track down problems, for sure.

Most reactions

Latest posts