What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMovie on iPad

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, i use iMovie on my MBA to import and process HD videos from my Canon VIXIA HF10 and works as expected and very well. I recently got my iPad 2 and was assured that I will be able to do the same with the Camera Connection Kit. I just bought iMovie for iPad app and iMovie is not seeing the videos on my camera, these is the same video that I have imported to my MBA.

Is the iPad2 not capable of importing in videos from a camera?

If that is the case is there a way to get a refund or a credit since I have no intention of taking videos with my iPad?

Please help. My apologies if this has been asked before. Thanks much :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As for the refund or credit you'd have to ask Apple. If it was an Apple employee who told you about using the connection kit I'd go right back to him/her for the answer. If it wasn't I'd say a bit more research was probably in order before buying.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the iPad2 not capable of importing in videos from a camera?

The camera connection kit is crippled by Apple to only import still images.
To get a movie onto the iPad for editing you will have to sync it somehow with a computer you use a cloud type service like dropbox.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The camera connection kit works fine with Apple video devices. You can plug an iPhone 4 directly into the kit and the iPad and download movies to iMovie easily. Some versions of the Flip camera download the same way.

It's the video format that isn't compatible with your iPad. You can download free software on your desktop computer and convert your videos to the format that iMovie can read, then send the movies to your iPad.

So the problem isn't Your iPad, the problem is with whoever gave you the erroneous information about the camera connection kit.

OP
C

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are probably right except the Canon records in h.264 720dp and 30 fps, which is one one of the accepted formats per Apples website.

I wanted to use the iPad as a temporary device while on trips so having to convert it defeats the purpose.

Thanks anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts