What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMovie convert to PC format (avi/wma)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently made a imovie on my ipad 2, using my pictures and music via iMovie maker app on my ipad 2. (my family vaction pictures + some nice music)

OK so now that i have made it, i want it on my PC (Windows 7 ultimate OS)

Is there a way to export the movie i just made over to my PC in a format that my PC can play it using Media Player (to watch on my 32" PC monitor or MP4 so i can watch it on my Apple TV).

If i need a coverter software, could i get recommendation to a good free coverter....and better yet, is there a way that ipad can convert for me so i can skip having to do the conversion myself?

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME UPLOAD TO YOU TUBE (i dont want to upload to there AT ALL)...plus, the music i linked to the iMovie will not allow me to upload this due to licensing issues.

Please help

thanks

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If iMovie created it...then it should be in either mp4 or mov format? Apple tv should be able to play both.

And if you have iTunes on your pc then you also have QuickTime which can also play it...if I'm not mistaken.
Otherwise you want a pc program to do the conversion. Not sure if handbrake can convert though..

OP
M

Maxwell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If imovie creates it into a MP4 format, how do i export it out from my ipad to the computer?
I see nothing out there that allows me to do this. I looked at all the options and setup options in the imovie app program. I also looked at where it allows upload onto You Tube and none of the other options allow me to export/upload it to my pc in a mp4 format.
I have tried to export it from my ipad to my itunes (in the 'app section' when i plug my ipad in). From there i "save as" the file onto my PC hard drive (in a specified folder i chose)
The file extension comes out as ".imoviemobile"...so my file name is "FamVactaion.imoviemobile". None of my media can understand this format. I tried handbrake by trying to open this file...and it says it cannot understand format.

If you know how to do this, please share the details

Many thanks!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does't iMovie export to camera roll in mov format? Then from there simply sync to pc, make sure "sync videos" on the pictures tab in itunes is checked, and then after sync, vid should be in your photos folder on pc....I think.

Last edited:

jub7474

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't even have to do that. When you plug your iPad to the USB port of your computer, it opens a separate drive for your iPad (Camera Roll only). Go down to your iPad drive (just below the C:,it will have the name of your iPad) in Windows Explorer and it will show you all the pictures and videos from your camera roll (Photos app) in that folder. Then just copy the video and paste it into a folder on your computer (in Windows Explorer).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread dates to 2011, when iOS devices were still running iOS 4 and the iPad 2 was the latest iPad. A lot has changed since then, including how to export videos and photos from the camera roll. The OP has not been back since then so we'll now close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts