What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting avi files

slc84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guys, hope someone can help me?

I've just bought a new HD hitachi camcorder, and an Apple camera connection kit. Both of which work beautifully.

However when I upload my files they are .avi files, which are apparently not compatible with my Ipad2.

I edit my video's with iMovie directly on my iPad and don't have access to a p.c, mac or laptop.

I seriously need a solution to convert the .avi files to something compatible with my Ipad2 without the need to upload them to a regular computer.

I've downloaded every available app that claims to convert the files from the app store, (paid for most of them!!) and none of them work. They start "compressing" the files and simply freeze after a few seconds. :-(

I'm stuck :-( Should I take the camera back? Can I purchase a camera that will save video's in mp4 format? Please help guys. My brain has gone numb! Lol

Steph Xx

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
slc84 said:
I guys, hope someone can help me?

I've just bought a new HD hitachi camcorder, and an Apple camera connection kit. Both of which work beautifully.

However when I upload my files they are .avi files, which are apparently not compatible with my Ipad2.

I edit my video's with iMovie directly on my iPad and don't have access to a p.c, mac or laptop.

I seriously need a solution to convert the .avi files to something compatible with my Ipad2 without the need to upload them to a regular computer.

I've downloaded every available app that claims to convert the files from the app store, (paid for most of them!!) and none of them work. They start "compressing" the files and simply freeze after a few seconds. :-(

I'm stuck :-( Should I take the camera back? Can I purchase a camera that will save video's in mp4 format? Please help guys. My brain has gone numb! Lol

Steph Xx

Some camera record in .mov files, which should work on the iPad as well.

OP
slc84

slc84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah okay, so could go in store and see if I can exchange hitachi cam for a camcorder that will record in .mov? Thank you! Xx

Most reactions

Latest posts