What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage and MMS issue

cinco312

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't send any photos through iMessage. I tried turning it off and on, logging in and out and still doesn't work. The photo goes through but the recipient never gets it. I can get photos fine. Are you supposed to have a phone number attached to iMessage? I just have my email.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should work with just an email address.

I just looked through settings and I can't see anything that might account for this. There just aren't enough settings to get it wrong.

OP
C

cinco312

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I figured. It just suddenly stopped working the past three weeks. I don't get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been working with the OP on this one and it remains unresolved. If anyone has any ideas what might be causing this, please feel free to post any suggestions.

This is a widespread problem, and is not confined to any particular OS, It happens to jailbroken and stock machines, and what is working one day may not the next, and vice versa.

Nothing is too ridiculous to suggest, because we've been through everything we can thing of.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I figured. It just suddenly stopped working the past three weeks. I don't get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You don't by any chance have a Comcast modem/router? Looking through the web, this does seem to have been a problem with some of their models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts