What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imessage activation

Gossamer61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed my apple id password, and now can't activate imessage. I repeatedly get an error message. Any ideas?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I changed my apple id password, and now can't activate imessage. I repeatedly get an error message. Any ideas?
Which error do you get? Did you sign out in Settings - Message - Send and Receive - Apple ID and in again afterwards?

OP
G

Gossamer61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not able to get past the apple id in settings. When I go to Settings-Messages I am immediately asked for the id & password. The error message says - "An error occurred during activation. Try again." I have tried again over 2 days, restarted, rebooted, and get the same message.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure that time zone and date are right in Settings - General - Date & Time. Turn off Set Automatically, select your location and turn it on again.

Go to Settings - iTunes & Apple ID. Tap your Apple ID and sign out. Then sign in again.

Turn off iMessage in Settings. Enable it again.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gossamer61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have the option to enable or disable messages. When I select messages, it goes directly to the apple id sign in.

image-2073141289.jpg

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Backup your iPad using iTunes. Then restore it and set it up as new. Sign into iCloud and iMessage. If that works, connect it to iTunes again and restore it using the backup you made before. Make sure you enter the passwords correctly. Don't skip the part where you sign into iCloud and iMessage.

Edit:
There are these instructions from Apple Support which could help as well: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4268

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts