What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
6ABC3B0F-861A-40C6-81C2-C4F17F574F13.jpeg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Javelina (wild pigs) in the Arizona yard where I was banding hummingbirds yesterday.

View attachment 96935
Lanny - wife and I love 'game meat' (e.g. we order bison filets and elk tenderloins online; also have had wild boar at restaurants) - below a statement about eating javelina - sounds tasty and healthy to me - assume that one has to hunt them (or are the pigs raised on farms in the southwest?). Dave :)

It's lean, so it will cook quickly and makes a flavorful steak. It's also good in stew and makes a tasty chorizo. While not everyone appreciates hunting, it's a part of the heritage of the desert Southwest, and for those who enjoy it javelina is a worthy prey. LINK

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Lanny - wife and I love 'game meat' (e.g. we order bison filets and elk tenderloins online; also have had wild boar at restaurants) - below a statement about eating javelina - sounds tasty and healthy to me - assume that one has to hunt them (or are the pigs raised on farms in the southwest?). Dave :)
These piggies are wild, and wander into suburban yards from the surrounding desert (Village of Oak Creek, near Sedona). They're as common on roadways as deer in your area. At one point, there were five adults plus eight youngsters in the yard.

Most reactions

Latest posts