What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of blowing snow this morning.
C0D9CDD4-B1F4-4B03-951B-2BE14330FEA6.jpeg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Second Snow in Only Two Weeks!

Our second snow already! First pic below from my front door again, about 2" of snow at the moment, but ice and winds are coming so I suspect a power outage - second pic shows half of my lights (all LEDs) w/ charged batteries, also have spare batteries - we'll have battery lights, hot water, battery radio, gas stove top, and internet for a while (will then try a 'hot spot' on my iPhone, if needed). Well, our first snow a few weeks ago was wimpy but this one will not be the same. Dave :)
Snow1_Jan16_22.JPG
Snow2_Jan16_22.JPG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Second Snow in Only Two Weeks!

Our second snow already! First pic below from my front door again, about 2" of snow at the moment, but ice and winds are coming so I suspect a power outage - second pic shows half of my lights (all LEDs) w/ charged batteries, also have spare batteries - we'll have battery lights, hot water, battery radio, gas stove top, and internet for a while (will then try a 'hot spot' on my iPhone, if needed). Well, our first snow a few weeks ago was wimpy but this one will not be the same. Dave :)
View attachment 95354View attachment 95355

Do you have one of those wind up radios that doesn’t need batteries?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you have one of those wind up radios that doesn’t need batteries?
Hi Scifan.. - I have the radios below for power outages - the Freeplay is a hand-cranker (and solar), but that gets old fast - o_O Now the Ridgid radio uses any of the numerous size Ridgid batteries that I own (have a half dozen of their battery operated tools, so similar number of batteries) and runs for hours on little power. My iMac/modem/router are attached to an APC UPS, so if power goes, I shut down the computer and can keep the modem/router running for at least 3-4 hrs (power often restored in that time). Also have a couple of Xantrex Backup Power Units that can keep me going for a number of more hours. Dave

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 2.47.25 PM.png

Most reactions