What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks scifan, that is very generous of you to say. However I know what needs to be done so it is kind of bitter sweet to me. Perhaps I will be able to finish it with a Photoshop Mix or something.
I'm still AMAZED by your bee! I truly had NO idea what it was. I just knew it was beautiful, maybe a bird!
I saw a photo of a starling today, not sure if it was here or somewhere else. The colors were astonishing! My brothers use to shoot the from the roof of the barns. Apparently they caused major problems for the livestock. If I had seen one up close I would have cried every time I heard the BB gun. I would have hounded my Dad until it never happened if I was present! . But Daaaaad, look at how beautiful they are blah, blah ,blah. Yes, I was a pain in the butt most of the time. I remember when I had B&W pet mice from my school room. My brother FORBADE me to let them go at the farm. It was summer, what was I to do? Wait until my Dad and brothers were away for the day and YIPPEE!
It didn't take long for my brother to see B&W mice mixed with barn mice. I just said, " What can I do now? " . About six months later my Dad had a little friend who used to climb up his arm chair and share his peanuts while he watched TV! My poor Dad, he just couldn't get mad at me! scifan, does this sound familiar to the WABBITS? ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️
Great memories!

Nepheler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here comes penguins no.2~ have a lovely day mates:)

p26158539.jpg

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico sculpture "Searching for Reason" (En búsqueda de la razón) by Sergio Bustamante.

104-0481_IMG.JPG

104-0483_IMG.JPG

104-0484_IMG.JPG

104-0487_IMG.JPG

I like Mexico and the Mexican people. I'm not fond of the border towns, but once you get past the commercial zones, it's a wonderful country.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Bob - thanks for the pics; I've been to Puerto Vallarta, probably three times (we used to have a winter radiology meeting there) - these would have been trips in the 1980s and possibly early 1990s - have a few pics below, including our young son who was probably about 11-12 y/o - Dave :)
PuertoVallarta_ScenicView.jpg
PuertoVallarta_Flower1.jpg
PuertoVallarta_Flower2.jpg
PuertoVallarta_Stephen.jpg

suenc

iPF Novice
Reaction score

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We landed in Mexico City (DF) - we fell in love with it. It's cultured, cosmopolitan, and friendly. I was surprised that nobody spoke English. Not that we expect people to do so, but it's so common wherever we go. We have enough Baby-talk Spanish in our mouths to get around. We also had phrase books to help (that was before smart-phones).

We went to Teotihuacan - getting there on the local buses without the benefit of fluent Spanish was an adventure but we did all right.

Then we took a Bus to Guadalajara - In Mexico they have busses that are like the first class section of an airplane inside. Huge seats, refreshments, and so on. There is nothing like that in the US. (We've also taken "Chicken Buses in Mexico and they are a different kind of fun).

Then on to Puerta Vallarta which was very pleasant but a little too touristy for us. I grew up near Fort Lauderdale Florida so tourist towns are like home - and I travel to see different things. Still the people were nice and there was enough to see and do for a few days.

Where else but Mexico can you see these policeman outfits? In a big park in downtown DF

102-0258_IMG.JPG

Our Lady of Guadalupe. This is the real thing, and the best picture I could get - you pass by on a moving sidewalk because there are so many people who want to see it.

102-0235_IMG.JPG

They were having a festival in Guadalajara - plenty of great music acts, this was one

104-0441_IMG.JPG

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Bob - thanks for the pics; I've been to Puerto Vallarta, probably three times (we used to have a winter radiology meeting there) - these would have been trips in the 1980s and possibly early 1990s - have a few pics below, including our young son who was probably about 11-12 y/o - Dave :)<...snip...>

Nice view, nice Bougainvillaea and Hibiscus flowers, and a happy looking child.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

We went to Teotihuacan - getting there on the local buses without the benefit of fluent Spanish was an adventure but we did all right................

Boy, that sounded like a deja vu discussion to me - we exchanged some posts in this thread HERE and I showed some pics from my first trip to Mexico back in the '70s - for those who want to see the Pyramid of the Sun, then follow the link. Dave :)

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been known to repeat myself.

I have a very good memory, it's just a little short ;)

I don't think I posted those pictures before though

Cafe on the Zocolo - they had a menu in English there, but we used the Spanish one and got some pleasant surprises.

102-0268_IMG.JPG

Parades of people coming to see "Our Lady of Guadalupe". They come as pilgrimages from all over the country. We've seen them marching from as far away as Merida in the Yucatan.
102-0245_IMG.JPG

We've been to Mexcio many times, our favorites are DF, Merida and Oaxaca

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Bob - well I bet Scifan.. can relate to that pic, i.e. the 'southern' version of the mounted police - :cool: Dave
View attachment 65471
The RCMP training academy is in Regina, where I live. Also at the training academy is the RCMP museum and the cemetery and memorial for those killed in the line of duty.

suenc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Been on an 'overnight' to Greensboro - toured the Blandwood Mansion former residence of a local politician and a North Carolina governor, John Motley Morehead (in the 1840s when the town was simply a country village w/ dirt roads); then stayed at the Proximity Hotel and ate dinner at their Print Works Bistro.

This morning did some shopping in Friendly Shopping Center, including a visit to the wonderfully smelling Savory Spice Shop - took a shopping list to 'replace' a bunch of our herbs & spices (and add a few new ones) - came home w/ about 18 items, shown below - labels hard to read, so the ones we bought are quoted below - we can't wait to start using them! Dave :)

View attachment 65327 View attachment 65328
"Fragrant" is the word, dear, "fragrant."

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's the real thing. The one the yellow journalists told us predicted the end of the world in 2012 - when really it just starts at the beginning at the end of each cycle (18,980 days). It's huge. It's in the Museo Nacional de Antropología.

103-0353_IMG.JPG

That's my wife in the picture.

BTW, that museum is a must see if you ever get near Mexico City. Its huge, has spectacular artifacts.

It also has an eye opener. A map of Mexico before the American Invasion (we were not taught to look at it from that viewpoint in our history books).

Most reactions

Latest posts