What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm not updating to 4.2.....

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and from MY personal experience they are both the same. Never had a problem with the Windows version of iTunes either.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My limited experience so far has things working on MacBook Pro *MUCH* faster than it works on my PC. I've only had my MBP a week, but I've got my iPad synched to both computers. My desktop PC is a Intel i7-870 with 8GB RAM and a 120GB SSD, my MBP is a simple Intel Core 2 Duo w/4GB RAM and a 120GB SSD.

I haven't done any official tests or anything, but it appears that my MBP finishes the backup and sync in about half the time compared to the much more powerful PC.

w0kie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crash and Burn - DO NOT UPGRADE ! ! !

I updated to 4.2 on my virgin iPad. It didn't take long for my iPad to crash while simply doing a normal app delete. My advice: DO NOT UPGRADE ! ! ! Repeat. DO NOT UPGRADE ! ! !

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated to 4.2 on my virgin iPad. It didn't take long for my iPad to crash while simply doing a normal app delete. My advice: DO NOT UPGRADE ! ! ! Repeat. DO NOT UPGRADE ! ! !

I know several people with 4.2 on their iPad. No problems.

You should take your iPad into an Apple store.

Penny_elle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use 4.2.1, and I sync with iTunes on Windows 7 on a Toshiba Sattelite laptop. I've done the same for my iPod Touch 64G and my iPhone 3G (all on the latest software upgrade) Not had a single hangup or crash.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
It is always a pain to update the os of idevices.
I love idevices but I hate using itunes.
I have been using Creative Zen players for years .it is so easy to transfer music/videos from pc to the player. Just drag and drop.
Now I'm still downloading os 4.2. keep my fingers crossed, there is no time out error or I have to start from square 1.
Me too. I used to be an ardent fan of Creative
until I started using iPhone. My pet peeve with idevices is using iTunes
now I use I M Too ipad mate to transfer
Music to my ipad. It even automaticay converts
format not supported to ipad
It can also convert FLV to a format supported by apple.
Free download

So much better than Itunes. USE IT EVERYONE!

Most reactions

Latest posts