What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFile - The ultimate filesystem manager

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFile is the best way to view and edit the iPad's filesystem. A stock iPad's filesystem is blocked and most of it read-only. Only iTunes can access the mass of the filesystem. So, we jailbroke, and how are we able to modify the filesystem easily? iFile!

With iFile you can,

- view pictures, documents, and anything else!

- play music and video you have stored.

- transfer anything with a flash drive or external powered hard drive. (requires the Camera Connection Kit)

- create your own winterboard themes!
http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...90-how-create-your-own-winterboard-theme.html

- change permissions on files to gain access.

- and more!

Attached picture 1 is the root of the filesystem.
You can see shortcuts to places like apps, music, pictures, and documents.
A trash folder for anything you delete. (this does NOT make up for the fact that you need to ALWAYS make a backup of any important system file you are editing)

You can create bookmarks to places and folders in the filesystem for quick reference or just if you are lazy like me.

A built-in web file server so you can upload and download files to any computer on the local network.

Customize the look of the window with colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iFile is the ultimate file manager and is available for free from Cydia but you can also buy it to support the developer.

Last edited:
OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here.

Attachments

• image-2966910267.png
    image-2966910267.png
    200.8 KB · Views: 2,076
  • image-283355863.png
    image-283355863.png
    207.8 KB · Views: 1,639

stefat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you also try fileXHange for iPad ?

It is a similar app with several good items for users.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stefat said:
Did you also try fileXHange for iPad ?

It is a similar app with several good items for users.

SSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your killing my review! :D

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice, I'm so looking forward for iPad 2 jailbreak so I can use some of this nice tools!

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

jimakris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I use file with cck to connect external USB disk? If there is a guide to do this where may I find it?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jimakris said:
Can I use file with cck to connect external USB disk? If there is a guide to do this where may I find it?

There seems to be an issue with it on iPad2 at the moment. It is not working with the CCK via iFile.

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, this is true on my 16gb WiFi iPad2 also. You Say "there is an issue ... For the moment". Do you expect things to change? When working on the iPad1 how does the usb drive show up?

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, this is true on my 16gb WiFi iPad2 also. You Say "there is an issue ... For the moment". Do you expect things to change? When working on the iPad1 how does the usb drive show up?

Yes, we have it confirmed from Comex and he is working on a fix.

When working on iPad1, it shows as a drive in the sidebar panel in iFile under "Disk"

jkmckinley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just jail broke my ipad1 as I wanted to be able to use my SD card as an external drive to watch my MP4 movies on without transferring them to my iPad. I have not been able to determine if I can buy iFile from the app store and it will work or do I need to buy a jail broken one from Cydia? Help please!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to buy iFile ($4.00, USD) from Cydia.

The one in the App Store is actually called iFiles (with an "S") and it doesn't do the read-movie-off-the-CCK/SD Card-trick. You don't want that one...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts