What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFile crashes after JB

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just jailbroke today and reinstalled iFile. It worked earlier but now when I open it it just collapses immediately.
iPad 2 32G wifi JB greenpois0n absinthe.

Edit: clicked modify in Cydia to reinstall the iFile app...no joy.
Power down and reboot had no effect either.
I hope this isn't gonna be a problem because iFile is THE main thing I missed from being un-jailbroken.
5 row keyboard is on the fritz and PhotoAlbum+ is not showing up on springboard.

How are you all faring?

Cheers, Dan:eek:

Last edited:

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nope! ifile works like a charm! did u install da latest version of ifile?

5 row kb wont work!

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought iFile in Cydia when I JB 4.3.3 So I reinstalled it yesterday and it was working. Later on it quit. I reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled, removed other Cydia store apps and reinstalled. Not sure what the probo is.

Cheers, Dan

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iFile 1.6.1-3 is the latest version. It works perfectly well on both my jailbroken iPad and iPhone on 5.0.1 without issue.
Both were already full of stuff and fully configured (i.e I did not start with a clean restore).

If you are experiencing serious problems you could have some sort of corruption on your file system. Now would be a good time to consider the pros and cons of restoring the iPad to 5.0.1 and jailbreaking it clean. Then put your stuff back on manually. That should give a more reliable result.

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iFile 1.6.1-3 is the latest version. It works perfectly well on both my jailbroken iPad and iPhone on 5.0.1 without issue.
Both were already full of stuff and fully configured (i.e I did not start with a clean restore).

If you are experiencing serious problems you could have some sort of corruption on your file system. Now would be a good time to consider the pros and cons of restoring the iPad to 5.0.1 and jailbreaking it clean. Then put your stuff back on manually. That should give a more reliable result.

Right you are, Leigh. That is exactly what I thought I would have to do. I'll begin now and report back when I have joy!

Cheers, Dan

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right you are, Leigh. That is exactly what I thought I would have to do. I'll begin now and report back when I have joy!

Cheers, Dan

It's not ideal, but it should give you the right result. Good luck.

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's not ideal, but it should give you the right result. Good luck.

Ok, so I am doing a clean install of 5.0.1 Should i restore my apple apps first then jailbreak or restore the apps after jailbreak...or does it even matter?

Cheers, Dan

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so I am doing a clean install of 5.0.1 Should i restore my apple apps first then jailbreak or restore the apps after jailbreak...or does it even matter?

Cheers, Dan

Definitely do the jailbreak FIRST.

Tinhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Jail broke today iPad 2 using Absinthe and Windows pc Installed iFile. It worked fine. Now it just crashes when I open it. i have uninstalled, reinstalled, powered down and done reset (power and home key pressed together). iFile still crashes. Any help very much appreciated.

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Definitely do the jailbreak FIRST.

I have done the fresh install and re-jailbroke. In Cydia when I try to install iFile I get " The package eu.heinelt.ifile cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources." When I started Cydia it was "updating" I assume the package list...but it failed. Not sure how to procede.

Cheers, Dan

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have done the fresh install and re-jailbroke. In Cydia when I try to install iFile I get " The package eu.heinelt.ifile cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources." When I started Cydia it was "updating" I assume the package list...but it failed. Not sure how to procede.

Cheers, Dan

All the repos are being hammered at the moment as thousands of new jailbreakers install Cydia. You will just need a bit of patience I'm afraid Dan. You need to wait until the "refresh" in Cydia completes against all the default sources without an error. Keep trying, it will work eventually. Historically, Sunday night has been the worst time when a JB is released at the weekend!

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All the repos are being hammered at the moment as thousands of new jailbreakers install Cydia. You will just need a bit of patience I'm afraid Dan. You need to wait until the "refresh" in Cydia completes against all the default sources without an error. Keep trying, it will work eventually. Historically, Sunday night has been the worst time when a JB is released at the weekend!

Ok Leigh. Guess it's a good time for a nice glass of stout.

Cheers, Dan:)

Most reactions

Latest posts