What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If apple asked you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the metal back!! Plastic would make it cheap looking and it would be the same price.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF

It's possible to make something metal and not slippery -- plenty of things all around us like that every day.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
It's possible to make something metal and not slippery -- plenty of things all around us like that every day.

They can even make the back out of plastic and plate it with metal.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Listen up folks: it is okay to own an Android tablet...and an iOS tablet. :)

2 tablets? Can you please ellaborate?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

OK, I like that too. Just no plastic for a 1K device ;)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gzoladz said:
2 tablets? Can you please ellaborate?

Of course it is!!! It's your $$$ you can buy whatever u want !! :)

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Of course it is!!! It's your $$$ you can buy whatever u want !! :)

Yes I get that part :) but I cant figure out how can that be practical...

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gzoladz said:

Well, yes, rather frivolous indeed IMHO. I now have two iPads; I've only told one person about it outside of this forum and only cuz she has multiple Apple products that I used to make fun of her about lol.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
The ability to attach documents to websites as if we were on a laptop - effortlessly ... And an all-black model, like the mini.

OMG!!! I can do this now, even on safari. I found put about this by accident as I tried to do this cuz I thought I was on my iCab browserwhen I was actually on Dolphin. The. I tried it on safari and it worked there too!!! Is this new? What about PDFs??

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gzoladz said:

When I bought my first iPad, I thought: this is good, I can quickly retrieve my email, quickly get access to the internet, do a lot of casual things that don't require me launching a PC. The iPad quickly proved that I can pay bills, watch movies & TV shows, and do some minor work related documentation. But when the iPad2 was released, I decided to buy it and move all my business related stuff to that iPad--which has worked very well. Then this past March 2012, the new iPad was released with retina display and I could not resist on buying this generation. So I am watching a lot of movies and TV shows (via Netflix) on this iPad because of the beautiful screen.

While I have rationalized to a great extent the acquisition of all three iPads, I am the first to admit, there is nothing 'practical' about these purchases. This is complete self-gratification. Friends have asked me if I want to sell them or gift them any of these iPads, my reply is: get your own fix! (LOL)

Regarding the original question, if Apple asked me what I would like from them on their next iPad? I would recommend a reduction in price and an increase in storage, retiring the 16Gig storage and starting it @ 32Gig. Apple is extremely profitable, they can afford it.

Last edited:

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK.....just where did practicality come into play here? :eek:

I guess I don't consider much of anything about the iPad to be practical......at least not the way I use it.
It's fun, easy to use, and entertaining.........nuff said.

btw - I own 5 different iPods. :p

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see why I need to be practical with devices (or TVs) besides being able to afford what I buy.

iZach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had four iPods, have an iPad 3 now, am getting an iPhone 5 in two weeks, and want a MacBook Pro in the future. There is no practical when it comes to me and Apple. I tried rationalizing the iPad for school, which it really has been nice and productive, but at the end of the day, it's still more of a luxury than necessity without question. But if I could have anything, I would like more storage for less money, better battery life, and for them to maintain the great materials. The iPad just feels like its quality. And that is why I couldn't say no to it.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Nemesis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love the iPad to be my one-stop solution for tablets. Someone asked where the practicality in owning two tablets was, and I'll tell you exactly why I would own two tablets. The devices cannot actually "do everything" I need. The iPad is limited on storage space, but has tremendous selection in applications. The iPad cannot install other software, but it has tremendous battery life (comparative to my laptop).

In some ways, the iPad I have replaces my laptop, and in others I can't stomach doing certain tasks on my iPad (I do not jailbreak my devices) like online banking, and secure transactions. I would never do my taxes on my iPad, I don't feel like word processing and document creation, file browsing is something made for the iPad's interface. All of these things I require the use of a PC for. In Feb 2013, I will be replacing my laptop with the Microsoft Surface Pro for those reasons, because a one-stop solution for tablets these days does not exist. The iPad for me will always be a tremendously powerful and beautiful multimedia device, but I don't feel like I'll ever be comfortable with doing EVERYTHING from my iPad.

If Apple could find a way to actually turn the iPad into the likes of their Macbook Pro's, etc. that'd be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts