What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If apple asked you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep this friendly please or it will have to be closed.

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd like it to be lighter too, and colors would be cool, also I'd love to be able to side load apps from other app stores,

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like it to be lighter too, and colors would be cool, also I'd love to be able to side load apps from other app stores,

Curious: What kind of apps would you like to side load? (I'm thinking that unlikely because Apple wants to maintain the quality of the user experience.)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rhardin said:

Also, apps have to be written for the device they're intended to run on. That's why an Android app, for example, wouldn't work on an iOS device, even if you could somehow download it.

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like a 128 gig Model. In addition, I would like a usb port - Something that can be used to show pics or play music or vids on an external usb device.

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dragon499 said:
I would like a 128 gig Model. In addition, I would like a usb port - Something that can be used to show pics or play music or vids on an external usb device.

I second the preference for greater storage!

Sent from my iPad 4 using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The ability to attach documents to websites as if we were on a laptop - effortlessly ... And an all-black model, like the mini.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dragon499 said:
I would like a 128 gig Model.

Agree, more storage would be great. Would also like to see a mini form factor with retina display even if it made it a bit fatter or a bit heavier.

MrDoug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would tell them it's awesome.. PERIOD.. make it thiner and ligher in the future..and bring Steve Jobs back to life.. you will need him..Samsung is on your [EDITED BY MODERATOR] ... rearview mirror.
Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would tell them it's awesome.. PERIOD.. make it thiner and ligher in the future..and bring Steve Jobs back to life.. [EDITED BY MODERATOR]
Doug

Agreed.... :D
Problem is when your on the top, there is only one direction to go.
Let's all hope they can hang on for a good long time. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Agreed.... :D
Problem is when your on the top, there is only one direction to go.
Let's all hope they can hang on for a good long time. :thumbs:

As long as they keep making what most people want in a tablet, they will.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MrDoug said:
The old saying is "it's harder to stay on top then is was to get there". Ask Microsoft.

Exactly, once you're at the top, every other manufacturer is looking for a way to take your place. Hard work by Apple and others should ensure many years of ever better tablets, whoever builds them.

The most important improvement I would like to see is more storage memory and as much battery life as technology will allow.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make it work with other USB items, like storage drives. Let it have a file system(or a way to allow websites to upload pics from my device, like Facebook can do now). I often only use our laptop to post pics or upload content due to "Browse" button on websites(looking for a c: drive). A CD/DVD rom drive??? Now that would be crazy!!!!
I dunno. I think battery but my hubs new Toshiba can't touch my battery life. Screen? Nope, again better than a new laptop. Hmmm, easy to use? Um, nope that is why Apple is my go to brand. It would be cool if I could make landline phone calls with my iPad.
There, that is what I want. I want it to be a huge phone.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
Make it work with other USB items, like storage drives. Let it have a file system(or a way to allow websites to upload pics from my device, like Facebook can do now). I often only use our laptop to post pics or upload content due to "Browse" button on websites(looking for a c: drive). A CD/DVD rom drive??? Now that would be crazy!!!!
I dunno. I think battery but my hubs new Toshiba can't touch my battery life. Screen? Nope, again better than a new laptop. Hmmm, easy to use? Um, nope that is why Apple is my go to brand. It would be cool if I could make landline phone calls with my iPad.
There, that is what I want. I want it to be a huge phone.

It's unlikely that iPads will ever work with USB devices like storage drives, but there is an alternative, personal cloud storage. You can communicate with your storage from anywhere with an Internet connection.
Here is a thread about it.
http://www.ipadforums.net/network-attached-storage-nas/74006-personal-cloud-storage.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts