What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IDisk & iPad

studiojig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Possibly a silly question, but I'm trying to download music from my iDisk to load onto my iPad. Is there a way to do this? I'm assuming no aside from tethering to iTunes on my PC and doing a sync, but thought I'd ask here just in case.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
idisk is just the app that connects to a mobile me account. So you need mobile me and the file needs to be located in idisk tab on mobile me.

OP
S

studiojig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have clarified. I have a Mobile Me account and have the iDisk app installed on my iPad. I just can't see a way to get my music from the iDisk app into my iPad for use.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
go to the folder it's in and tap the file you want to download, that's it

OP
S

studiojig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not quite.. If I tap on a music file (m4p file I purchased in this case), it simply plays it, but doesn't download it. That's my dilemma

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry, I guess I wasn't totally paying attention when I posted. Yea technically you can't download directly using the idisk app. It's strictly an access only app. I've downloaded from my mobile me accounts idisk tab using goodreader. IIRC you can technically download music files using goodreader. I'm not sure why you'd want to though, or how they would play from there. I haven't tried it.

Most reactions

Latest posts