What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud vs. iDisk

tyro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDisk is going away, and iCloud doesn't work the same way. I have tons of stuff in iDisk, especially from Pages, which is not on the iPad. From Pages I can back up to it, delete a file from the ipad to unclutter, then get it back if/when I want it. I don't need a computer to do it. I've been waiting for iCloud before deciding if I need to replace my 5 year old Vaio, and much to my dismay I need to more than before. The iCloud control bar will not download to a pre-Vista OS, so managing the content is impossible since it can't be done from Safari on the iPad.

I already use Dropbox and have started to use Box, but uploading from Pages on iPad doesn't seem to be an option. I used webDav until they wanted a monthly fee, and haven't found another way. I thought the new iOS would make computers less necessary, not more!

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Most reactions

Latest posts