What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud & me.com Mail

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but I've done a search and found a number of confusing suggestions. Here's what I would like to know, is there any way to leave mail on the iCloud/me.com mail server? I would like to read mail on either my iPad or iPhone, but still have the message available to pick up on my iMac for action and or archiving.

Thanks.

Bill

[Edit] Here's a solution I came up with. I turned off mail in iCloud on my devices and just configured me.com email as just another account (When I tried to configure it as a me.com account on the iPad it told me the account had already been moved to iCloud) and everything works as I want.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can usually fix most iCloud mail problems by simply turning it off then on again. Occasionally signing out, then back into the account is necessary. Both should be done under the iCloud settings, not Mail, Contacts, Calendars. The separate configuration was probably unnecessary. Then again, I'm not sure what you were fixing.

Mail will not be deleted off the iCloud server unless you delete it on the iPad. IMAP (which is what iCloud uses) keeps all folders on the iPad/computer and sever synchronized (rather than just downloading it). So the simple answer is to simply not delete it. This can, of course, leave your Inbox a bit cluttered. The cure for that is to create a few folders and move the email's you want to keep around to them. The folders are easy to create on the icloud.com site (from a computer), and only slightly more trouble on the iPat itself.

The #46 post in this thread shows you how to create a folder on the iPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...ortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad-5.html

OP
jcherepy

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but my solution works better and is easy to set up.

Most reactions

Latest posts