What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I change my iCloud account's email?

tobindia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I click Settings > iCloud > iCloud Account on my iPad3, the Mail account under the Advanced heading shows an @me.com address that I didn't even know I had. When I click on that Mail box, a new window comes up showing my iCloud Account Information, and that same @me.com address is listed. I'd like to change that address, but it's greyed out. When I sign on to my iCloud account or use the Settings on my Mac, I don't see any email address. Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is possible that when you created (or migrated to ) your iCloud account that you created a new email account. Try signing out in Setting > iCloud and signing back in with your correct Apple ID and password.

If it says it's not an iCloud account, you probably accidentally created an iCloud account separate from you old MobileMe account (or Apple ID). You should get a prompt that lets you create an iCloud account with that Apple ID.

Apple IDs and iCloud

Btw, some new iCloud accounts are starting to get created with @icloud.com addresses instead of @me.com addresses. Or so I've heard.

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I click Settings > iCloud > iCloud Account on my iPad3, the Mail account under the Advanced heading shows an @me.com address that I didn't even know I had. When I click on that Mail box, a new window comes up showing my iCloud Account Information, and that same @me.com address is listed. I'd like to change that address, but it's greyed out. When I sign on to my iCloud account or use the Settings on my Mac, I don't see any email address. Any ideas?

Are you using a different apple ID?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
T

tobindia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet: I have no problem in signing in to my iCloud account.

NielNiel: My Apple ID is NOT the @me.com account.

Any other ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts