What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud “full” nags

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there any way to stop iCloud from nagging that my account is “almost full?”

I’ve removed gigabytes of attachments from my various messages conversations - my only use of iCloud, yet it still claims the account is “almost full.”
If you add up what it claims is still in messages conversations, the total is way over the 5GB limit for free users. This tells me that iCloud has merely been left set to “Nag unless user pays for more storage.”

Like most people, I didn’t get an iPad so that I could be nagged. ;)

Thank you!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there any way to stop iCloud from nagging that my account is “almost full?”

I’ve removed gigabytes of attachments from my various messages conversations - my only use of iCloud, yet it still claims the account is “almost full.”
If you add up what it claims is still in messages conversations, the total is way over the 5GB limit for free users. This tells me that iCloud has merely been left set to “Nag unless user pays for more storage.”

Like most people, I didn’t get an iPad so that I could be nagged. ;)
Hi again Padcatt - below is a screen capture from my iPad Pro (wife and I both pay $1/month for 50 GB storage - we need to backup 2 iDevices and 5 GB is just not enough; plus whatever else I store) - I have 20+GB used of the 50 GB, mainly in backups of my iPhone and iPad - if possible, please post your own iCloud storage graph - I'm assuming that you do backups there? Dave :)

IMG_3171.PNG

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, giradman;

I do no backups to the iCloud. My only use of iCloud - that I know of - is that of Messages’ need to use it to transmit messages and attachmets.

I get the benefit of the cloud, and did use it briefly, but have decided that it’s not for me.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Messages doesn’t need iCloud to function. Messages in iCloud synchs Messages across devices. It is optional.
So if we want messages to be synced across devices, iCloud gets involved?

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It also means that you can respond to a message with whatever device is handy at the time.
So, if I de-couple Messages from iCloud, will all of my apple devices lose connection with the conversations I’m in?

If you’re in a Messages conversation on your iPhone, then you open Messages on your Mac, do you see no trace of the Messages activity you did on the phone?

Thank you!

Most reactions

Latest posts