What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad not syncing with iPhone and iCloud as expected

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first apple device was an iPod touch 2nd generation. Followed by a macbook. Syncing everything to the mac was no problem. Later I bought an iPhone 4. Syncing macbook to the iPhone 4 was no problem. Now along comes an iPad 2 and iCloud. I have updated my macbook to the latest OS (Lion). When I initially set up my iPad and synced it the mac all went good. Now for the latest development. I noticed that there were a 100 or so of my contacts that had a birthdate of Jan.1/2000. Huh? Where did this come from? So I painstakely deleted that pestky birthdate from all the contacts in the iPhone. iCloud is set up on all devices including the mac. However, none of my changes made it to the other devices. So I tried syncing with usb cable to the mac. Contacts in the mac were modified correctly. Still iCloud failed to modify my iPad. So I synced it to the mac with usb cable. Changes won't go through to the iPad. And yes I changed the setting to sync to the computer in iTunes before syncing. Since all this I have changed the setting in iTunes back to iCloud and have changed the settings on the iPhone and the iPad back to iCloud. Still the iPad resists to accept the new info. So now I'm stumped and don't know what else to do. I have read through many many threads in attempts to find the answer. Just about every other scenario has been covered. So if any body has any ideas please.....

cheers,

zwf

I should add that I have logged onto the iCloud website to check if the above mentioned changes have been applied there. It appears to be working fine to iCloud. The pesky birthdate changes have been applied. Yet the iPad resists change. ????

Last edited:
OP
zuluwhiskeyfox

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok now this is odd.

3 days later the iPad finally listened to the big cloud in the sky. I did nothing. It fixed itself. Hmph go figure.

Most reactions