What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCal Query

Snowbins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. We've just returned from six weeks travelling in Australia, NZ and Thailand. During our travels I've entered several appointments and meetings on my iPad's Calendar app. Whilst the iPad correctly shows the time at the top of the screen (GMT or UTC at the moment) the times for the appointments and meetings are all over the place - some are in Queensland time, some New Zealand and a couple follow Thai time!

I've tried specifying London on individual meetings as being their start times, but still they're showing up as starting at midnight and so on.

What's the cure for this? By the way I do accept without question that it's almost certainly operator error!:p

Regards

Snowbins

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; scroll down to the Calendars section and turn Time Zone Support On if it's OFF, or vise versa. Make sure you have your local time zone selected if it's ON. See if that helps.

OP
S

Snowbins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for that, twerppoet. It has worked.

Being very much an iPad virgin, I wonder if I could ask how to delete appointments? :( Thanks again, Snowbins.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcome.

Tap the appointment, then tap the Edit button in the window that pops up. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Edit window and tap the big Delete Event button.
Don't worry, You're not the first to miss it. It's easy to overlook all the way at the bottom like that. On the other hand, you're not likely to tap it by accident.

Most reactions

Latest posts