What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks update has been released!!!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The sync'ing seems to be working between my iPod Touch and iPad, but one of the only mildly aggravating things is that when you bookmark a page on the iPad is that is assumes you are at the top of the page. If you were actually at the bottom of the page on your iPad when you set the bookmark, when you go to your iPod Touch and open the book, it will take you to the top of the page that was last opened on your iPad. Because of the page size, this means that you will have to turn approximately three pages on your iPod Touch to get to the bottom of the page that you were on when using your iPad.

Confused yet?

I haven't had this "problem" with the Kindle app since it seems to assume you were at the bottom of the page (which is usually where I set my bookmarks).

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
You must not have the latest iBooks installed. ..... by the way another way to get PDF's to iBooks is through Dropbox (or I'm sure other cloud apps) , and that is my preferred way now.... love Dropbox.... one of those little things that effects so many others.....

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
Still cant add PDF's to Ibooks.

Just drag and drop them to your iTunes library.....
Tried that didnt work.

Do you see a "Books" section appear in the upper left hand corner of the iTunes window. You may need to enable "Books" in the iTunes Preferences. It's in the first panel called "General" access from the iTunes menu choice called "Preferences". Once that is enabled, you'll be able to drag PDF documents on it...

Piko

bolinao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i try and drag PDF files into my the books icon under devices on itunes a message says that it didnt copy the PDF because it wouldnt play on my ipad and when i try and drag it into the book icon in my itunes library nothing happens.I have also tried to add a pdf through itunes/file/add file to library but nothing happens also.
I have the latest version of ibooks and i downloaded it through the ipad.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Have you synced since you downloaded the iBooks update? Did you update to the latest iTunes? First update iTunes, then sync.... You will then be able to add PDF.....

bolinao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No i didnt update itunes,i am using 9.1.1.1.2,i dont want to update itunes at this stage.

bolinao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks,now I know what it is,I thought it was just a iBooks update thAt was needed.

bolinao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok,i have updated to itunes 9.2,but it seems unstable as far as adding pdf files.
There are some pdf files it wont let me add,but i have no problems adding them with other pdf apps.
Some that i have added successfully took me several tries at dragging them to the library before they were added.
Anyone else have seen this problem ??

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
Stwange. In my limited experience, it accepted every PDF I tried (not many). You might want to look at GoodReader. It's excellent at handling PDF's and uses the app/sync feature to transfer the files. Plus, GoodReader allows you to organize PDF's in to a hierarchy. All that for $0.99...

Piko

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
ok,i have updated to itunes 9.2,but it seems unstable as far as adding pdf files.
There are some pdf files it wont let me add,but i have no problems adding them with other pdf apps.
Some that i have added successfully took me several tries at dragging them to the library before they were added.
Anyone else have seen this problem ??

I have no idea what you are doing, but this is all really simple and works well. Perhaps you are dragging and dropping to the wrong spot...... just import them into iTunes, since you probably don't know how here is the step by step instructions. This is also the way you get music into iTunes.

To get several files in at once, but them in one folder.

Goto File/Add Folder to Library
Locate the folder that contains the files you want to import
Click "Select Folder" to point it to the folder that contains the files you want to import.
You can check to be sure they were imported by selecting "recently added" in the play-list menu on the left.
Plug in your iPad
Go to the Books tab
Be sure ether all books are being synced or that there are check marks by the PDF files you want to put on the iPad.
Sync
The PDF files are now in iBooks. In iBooks on your iPad goto Library. At the top left you will see two options... books and PDF's....... be sure and select PDF and you will see your PDF titles.

If the above does not work then perhaps the PDF files are corrupt......
-----------------------------------------------------

Something else that will be of help to you is to spend some time learning how to use your products. Apple has how-to's, videos and faqs for their products.

For iTunes help goto http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/

For iPad help goto http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts