What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ibooks help

grassy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have downloaded a book, and when i sync it onto my ipad it shows up which is normal. The problem is when i view it on my ipad and close it up it goes back to the download mode with the black bar underneath the book so i have to keep syncing the book. This is driving me nuts as i have got the latest version of itunes and the latest version of my ipad. Please help Regards Grassy

OP
G

grassy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
problem solved. I had to connect to a wi fi network to download the book on to the ipad as i origonally did the purchase over my ipad and not itunes.The item was over 20mb But it is funny how i had to connect to the wifi network to do it. Any thoughts on this guys. i sort of understand this but still dont.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple does not allow a 3G transfer that is greater than 20MB. It's very frustrating, for sure, and Apple need to be dragged into the 21st century of mobile communications but, for the time being, there's nothing we can do about it on a non-jailbroken iPad.

Tim

OP
G

grassy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple does not allow a 3G transfer that is greater than 20MB. It's very frustrating, for sure, and Apple need to be dragged into the 21st century of mobile communications but, for the time being, there's nothing we can do about it on a non-jailbroken iPad.

Tim
G' day Tim, i believe apple know exactly what they are doing(hehe):) thats the problem. I found that the transfer from itunes to ipad only worked with the wireless transfer as i had to turn on my wireless feature to get the transfer to be cemented on my ipad. Other than that the book just kept reloading every time i closed it down.(after reading) I thought that was wierd, as its the first time that has happened to me with a transfer that is over 20MB. With apple it seems to me that the more that things change the more they stay the same.They certainly dont give you anything for nothing, thats for sure.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For sure, they definitely know what they're doing!! That's why they're so successful!!

Glad it all worked out.

Have a great day.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts