What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks file locations

baneling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently got my first iPad, I was always a PC guy and now a fair bit about how to maneuver those systems, but still have a lot to learn about the iOS.

Anyway, I had a few PDFs and epubs stored on a dropbox account, and synced with my iPad (imported to iBooks). Unfortunately, a few of these files got removed from the dropbox account, and now the only copies that I have are located in the iBooks library on my iPad. I'm trying to extract these files from the iBooks app so I can properly back them up on my computer (which I should have done in the first place), and so far haven't been able to find a good way to do this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you tap on the centre of the screen when viewing the PDF you'll see a menu at the top of the screen. Tap on the box with the arrow coming out of the top and email is one of the options that appears. Select it and you'll be able to email it to yourself and open them on your computer.
image.png

Last edited:
OP
B

baneling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks scifan, that works for the PDFs. Any idea to do something similar with epubs?

They do not have DRM, and I did not buy them through the apple store, they are my files.

(edit: the PDFs are too large to email, approx 60-70 MB, is there a way to reupload them to dropbox?)

Most reactions

Latest posts