What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks and missing pages

robrun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded a book and only 45 pages downloaded. Call to Apple who redownloaded book with same result. Apple indicated they have declared the book in question defective. I have since downloaded two others:

Alice's Adventure in Wonderland - Freebie
Dead Silence by Randy Wayne White - Purchased

Can someone verify the page count for these books as the page count in iBooks info does not match what is on my iPad?

Thanks.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI, the page count in iBooks will vary depending on the font size and the orientation of the iPad. I am not sure page count really means anything when talking about ebooks.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is possible your wifi connection is overloaded or timing out? I am certainly not a IT person, and am pretty much grasping here but it wold be nice to know what you find out.

Insanity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem

I've purchased two Dean Koontz books & I'm having the same issue! I see only the first page of each chapter in both books - if i make the font smaller or read it in portrait view i see a few more lines but nothing more.

Any help would be appreciated.

OP
R

robrun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've purchased two Dean Koontz books & I'm having the same issue! I see only the first page of each chapter in both books - if i make the font smaller or read it in portrait view i see a few more lines but nothing more.

Any help would be appreciated.
Besides making sure my account was credited properly with the first book I purchased, I have since downloaded serveral that are fine. I did verify by going to the brick and mortar book store and verify the last page paragraph. I think your issue was just like mine in that the WiFi did not download the books altogether. Delete those om your iPad and from any synch you have done and start with a Top Chart freebie to be on the safe side.

Most reactions