What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBook reading problem

LeCaid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I d/l (purchased) a free book. It shows "downloaded" bu when I click to read it, instead of the text, I get this:

589f473ede3a1d0f1b7ad225fde26fde.jpg

I do have the latest software for iBook and iPad

This is new problem that I never had before!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is because you're in the iBooks Store. Go to the Library. - Tap Library (on your screenshot at the top left). There you'll be able to find, tap and read it.

Last edited:
OP
LeCaid

LeCaid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tapped Library which took me to Store/Collections. It took me a few minutes to finally find Purchased Books, the first of a dozen entered Collections items. When I tapped it, all my books appeared including the ones marked NEW.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
More, hopefully clarifying, information:

The blue links at the top left are not the area you are in. They are menus/link to other areas of functions.

So, when you are in the Library, you see a link so you can go to the Store, and vice versa.

The Collections button lets you see the default collections: Books, Purchased Books, and PDF's.

Books shows all the books currently on your iPad: if they have not been moved to another collection. I'll say more about this in a moment.

Purchased Books shows all the books you've ever purchased from the iBooks store, whether they are currently on the iPad or not. If they are not on the iPad, they will have a cloud icon next to them. You can download them by tapping on that icon. The Purchased Books category can be turned off by going to Settings > iBooks and turning off Show All Purchases.

PDF's show all PDF files that have been copied to iBooks. There are several methods to do this. Again, they will not be here if they have been moved to another Collection.

You can create your own Collections by using the + New Collection button in the list. Once created, you tap the Edit button while in Library view, then select and Move the books to the new collection. With the exception of the Purchased Books collection, books can only belong to one collection.

With the exception of the default collections, you can re-order your collections by tapping the Edit button (while viewing the list) and then using the lines icon to the right to drag them up or down.

_Hmm, got carried away and typed more than I intended._

OP
LeCaid

LeCaid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, this is a thorough as it could possibly be. Thanks, I think I'll save this for later use.

Most reactions

Latest posts