What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBook 1.2 great improvement with a big problem

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a notice to update. Great, I updated to version 1.2 .
At first I thought all my books and magazines disappeared. After a while they started to show up, but all of my magazines which are PDF had the same cover as the first one. Underneath that cover was the original magazine.
I used the new feature of creating a new lib (this is great), and moved one of the magazine to the new bookshelf. Guess what, all the magazines moved with it, with the same cover.
I did not used iTune to update or sync. Just downloaded directly, and prompt it not to sync.
I also noticed that there is a new way to delete books, and away to move books to other shelves. For the life of me, I couldn't find a way to delete a new shlef I created. Maybe it needs to be clean first.

Last edited:

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like I'll wait to update this app. The current one works well enough for me :)
I'd seen the update yesterday and was tempted to install.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have update my iPhone4 and iPad & i create collection but i did it in my iPhone4 and later when i open mu ibooks in the ipad all collection be created and yet i don’t have this problem

maybe is because i start by iphone & my ipad sync by himself …

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess my iPad is broken because all of my PDF's still have the same covers they had as they did before the update! But obviously many are having this issue so I am sure there will be an update to fix this.... eventually!

iBooks just keeps getting better, but too bad their selection still stinks!

OP
peled

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I keep my iBooks and Magazines on my PC anyway ( till I read them - then delete it) , I just clean all my shelves, recopy everything, and organized it properly. The new feature of creating collections, is SUPER GREAT.
Also the new feature of selecting books and either deleting or moving them to another collection, is Super fast, clean and professional.
I recommended every one to update right away.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, iBooks may be supporting grouping mags and books now, but goodreader did that right from the start. I love goodreaders file-browser style approach :)
(I admit, I sometimes use iBooks too, because I like the sepia toned pages for books)

Most reactions