What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I went to play with a new ipad.

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hivoltage said:
I dont think anybody expected you to dump their Ipad2 to get this, thats the way some of you are talking. Thats just crazy.

What? You didn't expect me to dump their iPad 2 to get this? Lol

I can care less what ipad2 people do, just saying this a great crisp real smooth device and worth selling your iPad 2s and putting a few bucks to get the new one, not just shelling out completely for it.

I'm buying the new one when I sell my original, and I'll get next years when I sell the new iPad, etc lol

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wingless said:
I know but for now it's funny to play fruit ninja HD and see everything extremely pixelated haha xD

Try out Modern Combat 3..... It looks and runs incredibly smooth!!!!! Ohh and it's only 99Cents right now I think. I bought it 3 days ago.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wingless said:
What? You didn't expect me to dump their iPad 2 to get this? Lol

I can care less what ipad2 people do, just saying this a great crisp real smooth device and worth selling your iPad 2s and putting a few bucks to get the new one, not just shelling out completely for it.

I'm buying the new one when I sell my original, and I'll get next years when I sell the new iPad, etc lol

+1.

This is what I did and what I plan to do in the future.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Daylife said:
Try out Modern Combat 3..... It looks and runs incredibly smooth!!!!! Ohh and it's only 99Cents right now I think. I bought it 3 days ago.

This game rocks. Amazing play for just $0.99. Get this if only for showing off.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
This game rocks. Amazing play for just $0.99. Get this if only for showing off.

Hahaha yeah it is pretty awesome and for 99 Cents it's a stealllllllllll

rjreynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I loaded up two identical hd vids from my YouTube page on the iPad 2 and new iPad. They looked as good as each other apart from the new iPad had nicer colors in the display.

You failed to mention what resolution the you tube video rendered in. If the video did not exceed the limitations of the iPad 2 then of course you will not notice much of a difference. That is the problem with all these iPad 2 and new iPad comparisons. To really notice a difference you must load a video or picture that is at or near the limits of the retina display, and only then you will notice the difference. The problem is, that there isn't that much content right now to make the new iPad stand out. Give it some time.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i hear ya andy and i agree i really don't see what everyone is talking about as far as the screen being so good. i still think my samsung GS2 screen looks better. sometimes it's not just about the numbers. but how good it looks to the human eye. jmo

Seriously even I agree with Daylife even I own a SGS-2 and the Display with SGS-2 has a reported Display problem noways it is better than the Apple iPad's and iPhone 4S display. There is no comparison between SGS-2 and iPad Display's

phonegeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash is dead, USB Connectivity will not happen because you don't really need it, that's why the App store is there, and the camera kit. true multitasking lol well lets not get into that....drag and drop? Really?
flash is not dead. it still works just fine on my android devices. and so does the true multi-tasking dual windows running on the sam screen.

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both and been comparing everything to text to pics,zooms....while I don't notice much diff in pics which sux....everything else looks better even the colors...if I use my iPad 3 for awhile then pull out my iPad 2 to use my eyes need to adjust and the iPad 2 screen looks like crap untill my eyes get use to it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
for me personally I would love to have the new iPad
but the just aren't enough for me to make the upgrade (or to buy it instead of the iPad 2)

the camera is the least of my concerns, even if it was a 50MP
I wont hold an iPad up to take a pic of anything, I have digital cameras for that

however the front camera is pretty cool for taking video of youtube stuff while at my desk, how to videos and such
but in that case the camera doesn't have to be that high of a res...

no I may wait for the next generation iPad to see what it has
possibly a 4 or 6 core kinda like the Transformer Prime?
or micro SD port?...then I may upgrade, but for now I really like my iPad 2

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
phonegeek said:
flash is not dead. it still works just fine on my android devices. and so does the true multi-tasking dual windows running on the sam screen.

I was very pro flash for the longest time, but when adobe - the company putting out flash - comes out and says flash is dead, then it's truly dead! Btw it runs like crap on my android tablet, and even on windows I have not dealt with many less secure and more problematic programs. I know what I talk about since we run a thousand desktops at the office.

As for multitasking it's a bonus but I am not missing it on the iPad as much as I thought I would.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
I was very pro flash for the longest time, but when adobe - the company putting out flash - comes out and says flash is dead, then it's truly dead! Btw it runs like crap on my android tablet, and even on windows I have not dealt with many less secure and more problematic programs. I know what I talk about since we run a thousand desktops at the office.

As for multitasking it's a bonus but I am not missing it on the iPad as much as I thought I would.

Thank you, at least someone here understands lol.

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
I was just at the apple store yesterday. The screen is much nicer obviously. If I could sell my current iPad for $400 I would upgrade to another 32GB WIFI model. I dont think I could get that much for it though. It was quick too, but not much more noticeably. I only tested the internet on it and im sure the apple stores wifi is quicker than mine at home. I would like a new one for the screen as im looking at mine for a few hours a day but its hard justify the extra cash when I have other things to pay for.

Most reactions

Latest posts