What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I went to play with a new ipad.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andyvalver said:
Not much else to be honest. Drag and drop would be nice, USB connectivity? Maybe flash? True multitasking?

Flash is dead, USB Connectivity will not happen because you don't really need it, that's why the App store is there, and the camera kit. true multitasking lol well lets not get into that....drag and drop? Really?

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andyvalver said:
Don't get me wrong, I love apple products. I just wish they gave us a more dare I say it "android" experience with all the apple bells and whistles. The iPad 3 is great and will sell millions and I'll probably buy one. But in reality they have just given an iPad 2 a new screen. The other things are not very good or useful. It has a better camera but I'd never take an iPad out to take photos because I own a dslr and an iPhone 4s. 4g in the uk doesn't exist yet and won't until maybe iPad 4. Also, it's still the same dual core processor with quad core gpu. Nothing too exciting. The guy in the shop tried to sell me a 4g and said it will run 3G in the uk. But at the moment I use my iPad one tethered to my iPhone for Internet so there is no need.

Yeah all the bells and whistles, Android runs like a cow, buggy, and his is talking from experience. People complain about apple releasing a new product every 9-11 months...but do you know how many ****ty android phones and tablets are released like every other month? Lol and they all blow....oh wow it has a USB, oh and flash even though flash is dead and makes your system run like crap. When you use an android device that runs as smooth as an iPad, iPhone, iPod touch you let me know. Apple is like BMW, Mercedes, you pay for what you get.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
For all its advanced concepts, Apple is very conservative about most features. The iPad camera is recycled from the iPhone 4. Why? Because it works very well, and Apple can give a great experience without very many issues. The auto industry learned a long time ago, that there is a limit to how many new features can be introduced into a new car model. No matter the manufacturer, if you go past about 3-5% new content, the disatisfaction rate goes up exponentially. And the failure rate is much higher. It is only when they find a product that is destined to be a game changer, they support it before anyone else, and make sure it is bug free as possible. They were the first to drop serial and SCSI ports and go with USB. They dropped the floppy and went with CDs. Last year, they embraced ThunderPort, and now they are first with Bluetooth 4.0 support. The iPad was not new. The concept goes back decades. It is the implementation and timing that Apple is good about.

Couldn't of been said any better. Lol

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to comment on the camera Megapixel's - The problem when you increase camera megapixels as you will see if you go and buy any point and shoot camera with a 16 megapixel sensor is that usually the rest of the components such as the lens, processor and software are not matched. So while it's a great advertising feature to have a phone with 12-14-16 megapixels it means very little for the quality of the pictures - cheap camera's produce cheap looking pictures.
I would rather have a camera with 8Mp that has all components from lens to sensor matched.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had all 3 versions of iPads and actually moved over to Android last May when the Asus Transformer came out, then Asus brought out the Slider, and the Prime which I upgraded to and they've already announced the TF 300, and TF 700 and it hasn't even been a year yet!

But I'm back with the new iPad because the display is better and I can read web text easier which helps my eyes! I have a 20 month old granddaughter and I take pictures and videos of her in our house whenever she comes over to visit and now they are worth taking and keeping!

So just these 2 features alone were enough for me to purchase and come back. And yes I sold my iPad 2 for $500 the weekend before the new model was delivered.

OP
A

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Daylife said:
Flash is dead, USB Connectivity will not happen because you don't really need it, that's why the App store is there, and the camera kit. true multitasking lol well lets not get into that....drag and drop? Really?

Yes, drag and drop! I'd love a world without iTunes. USB would be good, I have a camera kit but again it's apple way of making me buy something a USB stick could do and saved me some cash. Flash is dying a I agree, but it's not dead yet as I still find myself needing it on certain sites. And flash is dying because apple is killing it, not because it's not any good.

Also, apples camera kit is USB but converts to their own connector so they do kind of use usb

Last edited:
OP
A

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
Just wanted to comment on the camera Megapixel's - The problem when you increase camera megapixels as you will see if you go and buy any point and shoot camera with a 16 megapixel sensor is that usually the rest of the components such as the lens, processor and software are not matched. So while it's a great advertising feature to have a phone with 12-14-16 megapixels it means very little for the quality of the pictures - cheap camera's produce cheap looking pictures.
I would rather have a camera with 8Mp that has all components from lens to sensor matched.

I am an amateur tog and I know that megapixels ain't all that. I have a 10 megapixel dslr with lenses that cost more than the camera. It just annoys me. They use the same lens in the iPad as the iPhone 4s but can't fit in the same size sensor as the phone?

Last edited:

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickeylittle said:
I've had all 3 versions of iPads and actually moved over to Android last May when the Asus Transformer came out, then Asus brought out the Slider, and the Prime which I upgraded to and they've already announced the TF 300, and TF 700 and it hasn't even been a year yet!

But I'm back with the new iPad because the display is better and I can read web text easier which helps my eyes! I have a 20 month old granddaughter and I take pictures and videos of her in our house whenever she comes over to visit and now they are worth taking and keeping!

So just these 2 features alone were enough for me to purchase and come back. And yes I sold my iPad 2 for $500 the weekend before the new model was delivered.

Glad that you are enjoying the device :)

some other people just don't understand.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andyvalver said:
Don't get me wrong, I love apple products. I just wish they gave us a more dare I say it "android" experience with all the apple bells and whistles. The iPad 3 is great and will sell millions and I'll probably buy one. But in reality they have just given an iPad 2 a new screen. The other things are not very good or useful. It has a better camera but I'd never take an iPad out to take photos because I own a dslr and an iPhone 4s. 4g in the uk doesn't exist yet and won't until maybe iPad 4. Also, it's still the same dual core processor with quad core gpu. Nothing too exciting. The guy in the shop tried to sell me a 4g and said it will run 3G in the uk. But at the moment I use my iPad one tethered to my iPhone for Internet so there is no need.

It's funny how different people want different things. I started with a Fire then switched to a Samsung. The android experience wasn't for me, so I picked up a new iPad. I couldn't be happier with it. I think this is a fabulous device. Even typing on the keyboard is easier and smoother for me.

doc.zed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The way i look at it is, is the screen itself worth the 600$ upgrade from a ipad 2..no.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
doc.zed said:
The way i look at it is, is the screen itself worth the 600$ upgrade from a ipad 2..no.

That's all personal preference though : /

I didn't have an iPad period.... I did try the first iPad when it was first released for about 5 days and I returned it because it didnt feel like it was worth it, then the iPad 2 came and I also got that one and tried it out for about 4 days and didn't feel like it was a step up worn having yet......and now the third iPad, I actually feel like its revolutionary. So I am keeping it :)

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw the new iPad for the first time yesterday and it was great, and I love my original iPad 1, I thought it had a beautiful screen. But now since yesterday, I'm slowly seeing flaws I haven't noticed in this tablet. The small small black grid in between the pixels that covers the whole screen with iPad one and two, and I guess anything else without great resolution, it's annoying me now...

When I look at my keyboard or any light or white areas, I don't see plain white anymore, I see a small black grid over everything!

I also recommend playing fruit ninja with both devices. The new iPad makes the fruit extremely pixelated, huge difference.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wingless said:
I saw the new iPad for the first time yesterday and it was great, and I love my original iPad 1, I thought it had a beautiful screen. But now since yesterday, I'm slowly seeing flaws I haven't noticed in this tablet. The small small black grid in between the pixels that covers the whole screen with iPad one and two, and I guess anything else without great resolution, it's annoying me now...

When I look at my keyboard or any light or white areas, I don't see plain white anymore, I see a small black grid over everything!

I also recommend playing fruit ninja with both devices. The new iPad makes the fruit extremely pixelated, huge difference.

Wait till fruit ninja gets updated for the new iPad lol :)

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think anybody expected you to dump their Ipad2 to get this, thats the way some of you are talking. Thats just crazy.

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Daylife said:
Wait till fruit ninja gets updated for the new iPad lol :)

I know but for now it's funny to play fruit ninja HD and see everything extremely pixelated haha xD

Most reactions

Latest posts