What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad cases

Steviesouthpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm relatively new to everything I pad. What do the veterans feel the best cases are? I want SOLID protection mostly, ability to prop it up, and something that doesn't scratch or even smudge on the screen when it's closed. Has anyone used the ZaggMate or without the keyboard? Looks like good stuff to me.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OtterBox Defender series. Bulletproof. Have them on all of my devices. There is a You Tube video of an iPhone 4 being thrown off the 12th story while the iPhone was taking video.

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are some decent/nice cases i have found over the months:
-Otterbox, they make good cases that are mostly acclaimed for their "ruggedness", from what I have seen these are sturdy and quality built cases but they might run a little expensive for you. The back latch on the otter box, some people don't like that you have to detach it every time you want to charge it. Or I guess if you wanted to get "Nifty", their is the option to cut out a slot at the bottom to access the ipad charge port. http://www.otterbox.com/apple-ipad-cases/apple-ipad-cases,default,sc.html

-Zaggmate, The zaggmate is a very nice case/shell indeed. Keyboard is about the size you would expect on a 10" inch Netbook. Keys respond well, and it keeps your iPad screen safe. Some of the cons you could say would be, the lip on the outer edge(some people don't mind it, others cant live with it) and also tieback of your iPad is unprotected. There is a nice thread that Mickey posted awhile ago, people have talked about all of these in it. For the back, either leave it alone or get a back cover/ZaggInvisibleshield. This costs $99.99 retail which is a lot of money for just a keyboard/case, even though it is very nice and enjoyable to use. http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggmate.php

Those are some of my favorite ones, you can always research some more options. It also depends how much you want to pay/what type. There are SO many cases that it is hard to chose which one to get.

-

Last edited:

Jab004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cases?

I've tried 3 so far, and am back to the orginal case from Apple (black rubber case). Has anyone tried a Saddleback leather case? Website looks good, but a little pricey to trust without some feedback.

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried 3 so far, and am back to the orginal case from Apple (black rubber case). Has anyone tried a Saddleback leather case? Website looks good, but a little pricey to trust without some feedback.

I have read some reviews about Saddleback leather cases. From what I have heard it is sturdy, good quality leather, and has a 100 year warranty(I find that funny). Supposedly their leather ages well also, I have had no personal experience from these cases but from what I have read. The cases are a bit pricey, but I guess if you want one that will last for a long time it wouldn't be too bad of a choice

Here is a link to their website if anyone is interested- Saddleback Leather Co. : Leather Bags, Leather Briefcases, & Luggage

dingster1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a review of a Saddleback case on kindle boards.com in the iPad section. I'm looking at those and drooling. I have the M-Edge executive case with the Belkin grip vue. It's a little tight but I expect the case to stretch just a wee bit. It looks and feels good. I have screen protectors coming but I may let my son have those!

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone 4 vs 23 floors!

OtterBox Defender series. Bulletproof. Have them on all of my devices. There is a You Tube video of an iPhone 4 being thrown off the 12th story while the iPhone was taking video.

url?

Go to You Tube and search for "iPhone 4 vs 23 floors". They used an OtterBox Defender series case.

Oh and I was wrong in my original post. It wasn't 12 floors but 23!!!!!!!

Last edited:

dustoff69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been using the Saddleback case for a while now. I just love it. As soon as you unbox it, the leather smell hits you. Exelent quality. I can see why they give you a 100 year warranty. I doubt you would need it.

TXCheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ended up getting the Marware CEO Hybrid case. Solid protection and not much bulk, but I really like the 3-position stand built-in and the hand grip and the case's appearance. It does however occassionally leave a slight mark on the screen, but it quickly wipes clean. I got two of them, one for my wife's new IPad and one for my new IPad. Look for sales on the Marware website. Got both for about $35 vs. $50.

Regards,

Andy Cheng

Most reactions

Latest posts