What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad black screen after changing digitizer

justlearning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I replaced the ipad 2 power switch flex cable and the digitizer- I tore the original flex cable taking off the broken digitizer. I got all parts installed today and screwed everything back together again, I didn't tape down the digitizer because I wanted to test it first before taping it down. Tried to power it up and it wouldn't power then I plugged it in because i figured the battery could be dead- I held power button and the apple icon came one for 5 secs or so and then went black. Now I can not get any image but I can hear the sound when I plug the charger in any ideas what I need to do?

Sorry if this is a question others have asked I tried to look at the previous post and didn't see anything.

Thanks for any advice.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
More likely you did something when you reinstalled the digitzer. You'll either have to redo the procedure again or have someone repair it for you. That's why I'm not a fan of DIY repairs for these iDevices as what could go wrong usually does.

OP
J

justlearning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spent sometime thinking about it and figured out that the reason the ipad screen wasn't powering on is because the home button was not lined up with the sensors under it. After that I was able to access check things the power strip cable I put in doesn't seem responsive so I am going to take it about and relook at the connections tomorrow, the camera looks grainy too but I will tinker with it more tomorrow.

I know these machines have some complex aspects to them but personally I feel that everyone has to start somewhere and it never hurts to learn something new... this is the main reason I personally enjoy trying to figure these things out. Thanks for your input though.

:eek:

OP
J

justlearning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it

I spent some time on it last night and got it to work. Thank you guys for your input. I also learned that the ipad 2012 connection for the power flex is a little tricky to get lined up- I really prefer the snap connectors like they have on the camera, but I see they have changed that on the 2013 models. :)

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I certainly am glad you got it fixed. Thanks for letting us know. It can be a difficult task with all those small parts in there. I wasn't even thinking that the inside parts, like connectors, would change from year to year.
Happy iPad-ing.

Most reactions

Latest posts