What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I PAD 2 Help for a novice

gill.lack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I live in Uk and am going skiing shortly to Colorado, I am thinking of buying an Ipad 2 when over there form Wallmart as they are considerably cheaper there, around £100 (about $150) I am looking at the 16/32GB with Wi-Fi and 3G, but am confused as they seem to come with a choice of Verizon or A T & T options, which we dont have in the UK, I want to use it with Sim only does that mean that they wont work in the UK. Can anybody throw light on this form me.

Cheers

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Gil-I don't own a 3G version iPad, but many members do. Bases on some of the previous threads, the att&t is the one that can be used internationally.

See the thread link: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-carriers/2212-will-ipad-3g-purchased-usa-work-uk.html

There are many members that are very familiar with the 3G use, so I am sure they will chime in. You can also do a search as well to see if your answer is there if not in the thread I sent you. Good luck!!

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Verizon version. There is no sim card and there is no place to install one. The AT&T version is the one you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts