What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Love Halloween! The Official Halloween Thread:)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saw some cadburys creme eggs today. They were green inside! Definitely have those for my party.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Jack. How is your pumpkin head today? Giggle

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I'll be damn, woman! At least someone does. You must take pictures! I am going as Captain Condom this year:) LOL! What are you guys going to be?

Either an IRS Auditor or one of the Village Personages. I rather fancy the biker because it is so me.

Too bad the Village Persnages did not have a circus clown. I would scare your kids in ways you cannot believe when I put on my Kinko the Clown costume, I'll tell you what. And before you laugh, would you rather have a Village People Person show up at your door or an IRS Auditor? Thought not!

I do have a rule. No silly costumes. You must be the Wolfman, a witch, a princess, Justin Bieber, Dracula, or some other traditional character. If you show up as something silly, you get a scoop of coleslaw in your bag. And let me warn you, when I make it, my dog helps and we have both likely been drinking rye all day long and we do not tolerate kids.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We celebrate it over here but not as you Americans do....what is the big thing with Halloween, what exactly is it?? is it a public holiday over there, what is it celebrating.......Sorry for all the questions, bit of a non believer on this one!!

All Hallows Eve. We call it Halloween because fitting "Happy All Hallows Eve" on one of those little candy hearts is a bear.

Basically, it celebrates lots of Pagany stuff we have some kind of harvest festival. It means a party to some and blood sacrifices to others, with pie and food and scaring the kids tossed in the mix. To me, Halloween is just a gateway holiday to the real hard holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The holiday is complicated, but basically, I use it as an excuse to open a bottle of single malt or High West Double Rye. I sometimes bake a pumpkin pie, but made with sweet potatoes because SPs rule!

I am terribly lonely and all alone, just me and the dog. Well, iTunes helps ease my terrible loneliness while I patiently wait for the Grim Reaper to release me from this mortal coil. My life was once a fun house . . a carnival, if you will. Where joy was first created and sadness was unknown. Now, it is just a step closer to a grave in some barren and out of the way part of some broken down cemetery, where few tears fall for someone like me. Just me and some tumble weeds. I have but a few songs left to sing before the band leaves.

Other than that, Woo Hoo Hoo . . . I am happy. Did I mention I might work for L-3 Communications? Perhaps I'll meet a nice gal and settle down. Raise 3 little Bobs and buy a mini van.

I hope I can get rye and ice in Hell.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are so random Bob! Stop it! You are killing me!

I must find some more food suggestions. Daughters big party is first though and it's blue, black and white. Expensive month.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good choice. I'm boring. I'm a witch again. I have a great cackle. Or so I'm told.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Most reactions