What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I jailbroke!

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I jailbroke my iPad 4 64 Gig Wifi + 3G with evasi0n7-win-1.0.2. I had upgraded to IOS 7.04 OTA and didn't have any problems with the J.B. I didn't restore to factory settings first.

At first I was upset because Cydia was locked in portrait mode, but as soon as I updated some stuff and reloaded, it is back in normal landscape.

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Error Posix Operation timed out

When I first jailbroke, I opened up Cydia and attempted to upgrade all the (4 changes) - It progressed a while, then it was up to "packages," and I received, "error posix operation timed out." Is this because so many people are jailbreaking right now and the Cydia servers are overloaded?

Last edited:
OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ipad not responding to Mobie Substrate restart command

Yes - Im updated to the latest Cydia Substrate

Not a big deal, as I was able to manually hard reboot with the home and power buttons- I just wanted to share this:

I made the mistake of installing sbsettings - It looks like it is not yet working. I swiped the top left to activate sbsettings, but the iPad crashed with a"mobile substrate has protected you" message, but tapping on the "reboot" option did not reboot the device. I then went to Cydia and uninstalled sbsettings - then hard rebooted, then uninstalled Activator.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
POSIX error timed out is caused when the host has connection issues, their ports are blocked, or they're offline. It's not a Cydia issue, it's a host issue.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After I read your post, I turned off wifi and switched to AT&T 4G, then went back to Cydia and selected "changes." This worked - I just got a message that there was some problem with ultrasn0w not updating. The, I switched back to wifi and repeated the step, and again received the "POSIX error timed out." message. Does this mean that the servers are blocking IPs from my ISP, or is my ISP blocking the destination?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's safe to say to delete the UltraSn0w repo. It's been causing POSIX time-outs for months now.

Most reactions

Latest posts