What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a problem with Homesharing

Cooltwou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to do homesharing from my PC that has ITunes and has the newest version on it and I am signed in for homesharing for Videos and Music and on this link: Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices - Apple Support it says click on my Music and select library but the problem is there is no option for library on my IPad in my music and I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it either

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use an iPhone or iPod touch, you have to select "Library". On an iPad, just choose the category in the middle of the screen (Artists, ...). There's no "Library".

OP
C

Cooltwou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see anything at all under my music and I take a picture to show what I am talking about.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    546.1 KB · Views: 456

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to be connected to Wi-Fi. It doesn't work on Airplane Mode.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you connected to the same network as the computer?

Your screenshot shows that Airplane Mode is enabled. Try turning it off, and see if it makes a difference.

OP
C

Cooltwou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I am connected to the same network and turning off airplane mode didn't fix anything

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To use home sharing on the iPad, one song has to be in the Music app on your iDevice. It should work afterwards. Just sync or upload one song.

OP
C

Cooltwou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a whole bunch of songs synced from iTunes music that is on my PC

OP
C

Cooltwou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also I am able to sync and send the music I have loaded from my PC to ITunes to my IPhone 6 with no problems at all

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no song in the Music app on your iPad. You need just one song there, and Home Sharing will start working.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you purchased one of the songs in your library in iTunes Store, open the iTunes Store app, and download one song (Purchased tab).

Otherwise connect your device to iTunes (computer) and sync one song to it.

Most reactions