What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I had to use my Laptop/Computer today because......

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Which airline do you use? Several of them have their own apps, where you can check in and even use electronic boarding passes, displayed on your iPad or iPhone screen.

Kulula. Low cost airline, but no app. Interesting enough, once checked in, they allow me to mail a boarding pass for my mobile with a QR code.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was just going to reply that you can do it from Safari/Dropbox. NEXT time he won't have to drag out laptop.

For me--I do photo processing of RAW files and use Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop so have a custom built PC (new fast one too LOL) for just that purpose but that's about it.

I just did quite a bit of work with spreadsheets but Ipad helped a lot as a second monitor--I copied some files to Dropbox and then opened them on Ipad to use for reference.

Oh, you are so not going to want to hear this (after dragging out the laptop), but yes, you can change file names in Dropbox via the Safari browser while on the iPad. Sorry. :)

I have to use my big desktop because I like to modify various themes I put on my iDevices. A lot of what I "play" with are the Photoshop PSD files (to make icons that go with the themes). It's no hardship to use the big computer - but it would be handy if I had access to the full Photoshop on the iPad. And yes, I know I could use a remote login app; but since I'm sitting at my desk...

Marilyn

Exgoldcoast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flashplayer won't work on iPad 4

Hi there, does anyone know why I I can't look at anything requiring flashplayer on my iPad? I've googled but answers are ambiguous and technical. Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

KenB123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As someone else indicated, Apple's non-support of Flash. Very aggravating. I wish they would get over-it and just support it. This is the one thing that requires me to go into..."Oh well, I will just have to wait until I get home on my PC to view this presentation or video." Although I have just discovered the purchaseable app 'Photon' which can play Flash on the iPad. Nonetheless, get over it Apple and support Flash.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As someone else indicated, Apple's non-support of Flash. Very aggravating. I wish they would get over-it and just support it. This is the one thing that requires me to go into..."Oh well, I will just have to wait until I get home on my PC to view this presentation or video." Although I have just discovered the purchaseable app 'Photon' which can play Flash on the iPad. Nonetheless, get over it Apple and support Flash.
Adobe, the developer of Flash, dropped all support for Flash on mobile devices some time ago. Here is a thread that explains Apple's position on Flash and why it will never appear on their mobile devices. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/54704-flash-ipad.html

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score

As Sci said, it's adobe doing it, not apple. Best to lay blame where it actually belongs. :)

KenB123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the intent of not wishing to make an argument out of this, I guess it could be a bit of which came first, the chicken or the egg? If I believe what I find on the internet, Steve Jobs indicated not supporting Flash back in 2010 due to open-source issues and what not. Flash later announced not supporting Mobile devices. So Jobs apparently won.

It appears that YouTube is on the bandwagon for HTML5 which would suit me fine. Just some standard that all mobile and non-mobile devies could natively support would be great. It is just an inconvenience that I cannot view certain videos I encounter without using a third-party add-on.

TwinsisterWendy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, Ipad won't run safari, no matter what browser you use. Some browsers have a way around it though, but they still do not use flash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I regularly go back to my iMac to work jigsaw puzzles from vladstudio, because they're 1000X easier with a mouse, and to use the FlightGear aircraft simulator. I occasionally use it to edit my website with Dreamweaver, or to edit images in Fireworks. I also use a custom database application to record and submit bird banding records.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
interesting as this issue might be, its not what the thread is about guys.

So - back in thread, i still use my laptop but far less. i find myself typing up estimates on ipad then forwarding via email to format within Word before sending to clients, and tbh those i know well get just the rough copy so to speak.

I found being less formal is being seen as more approachable and friendly, while the work i actually do is known as always professional.

many iOS accounts packages exist, but none offer all i need, VAT cash accounting scheme as example removes most from selection, others handle it at invoice but do not offer a reasonable VAT 100 report, so the laptop is used for accounting.

I use several programs to work with telephone and alarm systems, no option but to use a laptop, but i can get onto Tv DVRs via WiFi and set them up, or use my iPad or phone as a service monitor over the internet when setting up cameras far easier than a laptop.

Stil prefer PC for film editing due to sheer horse power needed for rendering

Most reactions