What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I gave in geting ipad 4 tomorrow

Capri142

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Capri. That would be the best workaround for those people living in places where ubiquitous fast internet connection with unlimited upload/download quota is available. In my country, "unlimited" monthly cellular connection packages are available, but still with effective limited quota up to 6GB. Meanwhile, free fast wifi connections are still scarce. Therefore, dropbox option may not be feasible option for me ... yet. If only we can attach external storage device via cable to our iPad ...

Well you have that right! my #1 wish for the iPad is some sort of external storage capability. But then then Apple could not get away with charging so much more for their 64 and now 128 gb units.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Supercepot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a way to get external storage capacity for the iPad. It connects to the iPad via WiFi, not by any sort of cable. It's called network attached storage. http://www.ipadforums.net/network-attached-storage-nas/74006-personal-cloud-storage.html

Thanks for providing the link. Seems worth to try but I'd still prefer cable over wifi for certain reasons, i.e. cable would yield faster transfer, more secure, and versatile in any condition (e.g. can be used in the plane).

bestpi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have the 4 wi-fi version. Also just got Verkizon with a jetlpack 4120L and a Galaxy Note 2. I love the combination. On iPad 4 w//128 through jetlpack now and it is SMOKIN'!

Most reactions

Latest posts