What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I dropped my iPad 2 and the screen color is busted.

ibustedmyipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad fell off the dining table while it was charging, and hit the floor on the bottom right corner. There is a small dent there, nothing more, as the table top is only about a metre and a half off the ground. But now, the color on the screen has changed to a grainy, pink, blue and white one and nothing I've done is working to fix it- I tried restarting it a bunch of times, I pressed the home and lock buttons simultaneously, and even hit the Apple logo on the back a couple of times. I'm worried now cause it's out of the 1 Year Warranty period, too. What can I do?

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could try the settings app settings/general/accessibility where there are a number of options re colour. But I really think the drop may have caused internal injury, so suggest a trip to an Apple shop may be in order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad fell off the dining table while it was charging, and hit the floor on the bottom right corner. There is a small dent there, nothing more, as the table top is only about a metre and a half off the ground. But now, the color on the screen has changed to a grainy, pink, blue and white one and nothing I've done is working to fix it- I tried restarting it a bunch of times, I pressed the home and lock buttons simultaneously, and even hit the Apple logo on the back a couple of times. I'm worried now cause it's out of the 1 Year Warranty period, too. What can I do?

HI @ibustedmyipad ...have a look at this thread. It appears that a few thumps on the back of the iPad helps some of our members.

http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/ipad-screen-colors-all-messed-up.59195/page-4

Good luck and let us know if this helps.

Skimonkey ~ ipadforum ADMIN | iPhoneforum Moderator

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skimonkey. Any more thumps and bangs and the original poster's iPad might give up the ghost all together. It's already suffered a meter and a half drop. Poor little iPad.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Skimonkey. Any more thumps and bangs and the original poster's iPad might give up the ghost all together. It's already suffered a meter and a half drop. Poor little iPad.

I hear ya @gtlatler, but it's worth a try especially for those not close to an Apple Store to get it checked. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have AppleCare, you might want to take advantage of the accident insurance before trying any thumping. If the thumping works there is no guarantee the problem won't come back, and there is no guarantee you're insurance will still be active if/when it does come back.

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The tap on the back of device in the opposite corner or area
With a wooden kitchen stirring type spoon does some times work.
Place a towel on a flat surface. Do not fold or double , simply lay it
Flat and smooth. Place I pad glass facing down ,remembering the opposite side of the affected area. Use the wooden spoon with the
Concaved side down , and slap the back of device fluid ,smooth and flat
Only enough force to POP . BE SURE to stay approx. 1 or 2 off edges
And camera. The Liquid Crystal Display is what has been affected. The pixels have accumulated in one area, and it looks worse on a black screen . Depending on how many color pixels are accumulated is the factor in this method . I think if I remember correctly ther is a pixel fixer that is free to use on Google . Go to jpixfixer.com and follow directions
Again ,how many is the key in this getting fixed and is worth a try.
Good luck

Most reactions

Latest posts