What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I deleted grandson video Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I moved to quickly (my bad, I know) and deleted a video I took of my grandson:(. I need it back. Is it possible? I have iFile but I don't know how to get it out of the trash bin if it is in there. I deleted the video from the camera roll.

Cheers, Dan

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you delete the video with ifile or in the pictures app?
If you deleted it with ifile, just tap on the trash icon on the left to go to the trash.

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the video is in the trash can on a Nac or Windoze PC you should be able to restore it.

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you use iCloud? It may of backed up without you knowing!
Jupiter! I think it is still on my SD card!!! (I hope, I hope, I hope) Jeez, I'm pretty sure it is. I'll check when i get home from work. I feel a lot better, now. Thanx, guys!

Cheers, Dan

DoH!

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well crap, I remember now, I recorded him with the iPad camera. So I supposed Ihave lost the file now.:(

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I recon there's no way to get it back as I hadn't synced for a while. I will have to slow down when deleting stuff. Totally bummed!

Cheers, Dan

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you lost it Dan. Always a good reminder of why a regular backup is so important. One of the nice benefits of using iCloud is your device will backup automatically if you are charging the iPad and it is connected to wifi. Definitely worth setting it up just for that feature alone.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Firstly you have to plug your iPad into Computer and open a iTunes .
After that you can locate a iPad on the left side of the screen and click to the "device" menu .
Then right click on the name of iPad and click to the recover files and select a summary option which is inside a dialog box .
After that place a check mark next to the "Encrypt iPad Backup".
Now you have to enter a password and click to the set Password .
Then plug your iPad into Computer and choose a 'edit" option .
Now you can recover deleted videos from Apple iPad .

This is an old thread from more than a year ago, the OP already got his answer. With that, this thread is closed.

Besides, your advice is incorrect, there is no way to recover the deleted video if no backup was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts