What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I deleted Youtube

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I deleted YouTube.app via iFile on my iPad 2. I thought that YouTube through Safari was better but then I realised that some videos can't be seen in safari! "This video is not available on mobile"! Now I want my YouTube App back, is it possible?
Please note: If I restore, I won't be able to rejailbreak my iPad as no jailbreak is out for 4.3.5 on iPad 2.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi! I deleted YouTube.app via iFile on my iPad 2. I thought that YouTube through Safari was better but then I realised that some videos can't be seen in safari! "This video is not available on mobile"! Now I want my YouTube App back, is it possible?
Please note: If I restore, I won't be able to rejailbreak my iPad as no jailbreak is out for 4.3.5 on iPad 2.
I might be wrong but I think you can have the app restored from iFile only if you had the Recycle Bin option enabled before you deleted the app. Look in here if you had it enabled. private/var/mobile/Library/iFile/Trash

Last edited:
OP
J

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's not, is there another way to get it? Can someone with another iPad send it to me?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Just curious why you would want to do that? Any video that can be played in safari can be played in the YouTube app since both are classified as "mobile". It's the author of the video that needs to change the syndication settings for it to be viewed on mobile devices.

OP
J

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Just curious why you would want to do that? Any video that can be played in safari can be played in the YouTube app since both are classified as "mobile". It's the author of the video that needs to change the syndication settings for it to be viewed on mobile devices.

Any video that can be played in safari can be played in the YouTube App but not the inverse..I didn't know so I thought: " why having the App If I can watch it through safari."

OP
J

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluray sent me a zip file of YouTube.App folder wich I extracted in /Applications . After a reboot, YouTube application is back on my Home screen and fully functional !

Thank you!

Last edited:

Sunkyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need YouTube.app also

HI blueray, can I request for YouTube.app also?

I also accidentally deleted the youtuve.app when using ifile.

I'm on iPad 2 , 3G model, 4.3.3 firmware

Hopefully you can help. Thanks

OP
J

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I need the Mail.app! I deleted it a while ago but now I have to send a document through an application which require the mail app!

Thank you for your help!

Deeptolayooo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download yourtube frm cydia adds a downloading feature to youtube.....

OP
J

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deeptolayooo said:
You can download yourtube frm cydia adds a downloading feature to youtube.....

That's not what I asked for...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Deleting stock Apps from your iPad using iFile is just a bad idea, particularly the Mail app.

The best way to get it back and working is to restore a fresh copy of IOS, but you will only be able to do that effectively if you have saved SHSH Blobs. We have plenty of stickies on this subject in this section of the site.

If you do have blobs, I suggest you follow this "Upgrade" guide which will allow you to backup all your apps, settings, and tweaks, then restore a clean 4.3.3, and get your apps and settings back - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...des/26399-how-upgrade-your-ios-jailbreak.html
You will need to purchase PkgBackup from Cydia if you do not already own it for this guide to work.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leigh,
He said he won't be able to restore since he will have to go to 4.3.5 so I don't think he has blobs.

Most reactions

Latest posts