What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I broke it. I am so sad. Please help me if you can...

OP
J

joridodge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all! I had my appointment at the Genius Bar yesterday, and it was simple:

"So what's going on?"
"It's stuck on the iTunes screen. I've tried restoring, but I keep getting errors. I've gotten error 1604, 3194, and 28, which it says is a hardware issue, and--"
"Let me go get my laptop and we'll try to get it fixed."

He tried once to restore it, and then said:

"Well, it looks like we just need to give you a new iPad. Do you have backups at home of everything that was on the old one?"
"Yup, I do."

Five minutes after that, I was signing a paper that allowed them to take my old iPad and exchange it for the same model.

So all's well that ends well! Before I jailbreak again, I will do my research this time and figure out exactly what it is I need to know beforehand. I don't think it was the jailbreak that caused this issue, but I certainly was in a panic about it!

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, especially Marilyn, who took time from Christmas day to reassure a panicky noob that I didn't own a $450.00 doorstop. :)

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv

"So what's going on?"
"It's stuck on the iTunes screen. I've tried restoring, but I keep getting errors. I've gotten error 1604, 3194, and 28, which it says is a hardware issue, and--"
"Let me go get my laptop and we'll try to get it fixed."

He tried once to restore it, and then said:

"Well, it looks like we just need to give you a new iPad. Do you have backups at home of everything that was on the old one?"
"Yup, I do."

Five minutes after that, I was signing a paper that allowed them to take my old iPad and exchange it for the same model.

So all's well that ends well! Before I jailbreak again, I will do my research this time and figure out exactly what it is I need to know beforehand. I don't think it was the jailbreak that caused this issue, but I certainly was in a panic about it!

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, especially Marilyn, who took time from Christmas day to reassure a panicky noob that I didn't own a $450.00 doorstop. :)

Glad to see this was resolved for ya m8, I was watching his thread closely

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

... [...little snippage of a pretty cool and successful Genius Bar experience...]...

Whooo-hoooo!!

So glad that you got a new one! I thought (hoped?) you might, given your description of the problem and our inability to get it going. I am glad the folk at Apple/the Genius Bar lived up to their reputation.

Yay!

Now, have fun with it, and, should you ever feel you want to jail break it (cause I'm assuming they gave you an iPad1 - and an iPad1 is very easily jailbroken), don't let this experience stop you. I'm still sure it was hardware only...

Regardless, I am so glad for the happy outcome. And, thank you for coming back and telling us the result. Now, stick around and enjoy the forum. Lots of fun people here; good times!

Marilyn

Most reactions