What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I bought an iPad 3 16 days ago...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went to my local Apple store yesterday and a (very young) assistant told me they couldn't do anything and my best shot would be calling Apple directly.
I just did but they said they don't know anything about this initiative, so I should go back to my local store and talk to the manager... which I'll do tonight...

Very young assistant have little power and must just follow the standard line. Go straight to management! Good luck!

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Very young assistant have little power and must just follow the standard line. Go straight to management! Good luck!

I agree. They will exchange it no problem.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was actually quite shocked on how simple of process it was to return mine and get a complete refund.
No questions......they handed me a receipt for the iPad and AppleCare+ refund and I was out of the store in 5 minutes.
Based on my original purchase date I was pushing the limit on time also.

Stick to your guns and get a refund or credit.

commie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what if the ipad3 was not purchase at the Apple Store? instead purchased at our corporate purchasing site? Will the Apple Store will exchange?

OP
R

robnet77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
unfortunately at the store they said they can't do anything for me... :mad:

the assistant even tried to say "the two products are very similar, not much difference between the two" and bla bla bla, which I immediately countered saying the differences were evident and that was not the point anyway...

Not a great customer care in my opinion (store in Dublin - Ireland, Europe).

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
robnet77 said:
unfortunately at the store they said they can't do anything for me... :mad:

the assistant even tried to say "the two products are very similar, not much difference between the two" and bla bla bla, which I immediately countered saying the differences were evident and that was not the point anyway...

Not a great customer care in my opinion (store in Dublin - Ireland, Europe).

Don't give up try again.

Judyla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Call your nearest Apple store. I thought I read an iPad 3 purchased within the last 30 days can be exchanged for the iPad 4.

My husband' works at a college in Canada and their store has discounted the ipad 3 and there is a 30 day exchange for the 4

asemmi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robnet77 said:
Hi everyone,

looks like I won the lottery... :thumbsdown:

I bought my very first Apple product on October 8th (iPad 3) and wanted to return it after hearing the iPad 4 will be out on November 2nd, but I'm too late!

In order to minimize the financial "loss", what should I do? sell my iPad 3 now or wait a few months?

It's not like the one I have doesn't suit my needs but it's rather annoying seeing a new product launched so early and with such short notice :mad:

Only upside is that I got one with iOS 5.1.1 so I have it jailbroken now, whereas I should wait a while for JB in case I bought an iPad 4...

Any advice? :confused:

What country are you based in?
The UK apple stores (most anyway) give a 30 day remorse period. I bought the ipad 3 on 28th September, but apple gave me a refund on preorder day (26th)

jenny1986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be very sad when i bought the iPad 3 16 days and the 4 come out,moreover, the price is the same. Hope you can change for you, but not every country do that...

OP
R

robnet77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What country are you based in?
The UK apple stores (most anyway) give a 30 day remorse period. I bought the ipad 3 on 28th September, but apple gave me a refund on preorder day (26th)

I'm based in Ireland, but they don't seem to offer that 30 day return period here.
I'll try again though.

alwaysMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my country, the Apple reseller informed that they don't have any exchange policy unless the set is faulty. Similarly, Apple customer service also said that since the set was not bought directly from them, they are not able to do anything. In other words, customers got plucked is their problem. Apple or its reseller has made the money and customer happy or not is secondary.

OP
R

robnet77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh, I am happy now, my "old" ipad could at least be jailbroken, so I've made up for the loss, someway.

Most reactions

Latest posts