What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4:3 vs 16:9 display format

garyt64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have home videos and converted bluray video on my iPad 2 and it is displayed in a 4:3 format.
I bought my wife the new iPad (iPad3) and it displays the same home video in a 16:9 format.
Is there a display format setting that would allow the iPad2 to display in 16:9?
Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just guessing, but try double tapping on the video while it is playing. It should zoom out to the proper aspect ratio (with black bars above and below). The iPad 2 does not have enough pixels to display true 16.9, but it should give you the wide screen aspect at a lower resolution.

OP
G

garyt64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Just guessing, but try double tapping on the video while it is playing. It should zoom out to the proper aspect ratio (with black bars above and below). The iPad 2 does not have enough pixels to display true 16.9, but it should give you the wide screen aspect at a lower resolution.

Thank you. That worked. Appreciate you help.

Most reactions

Latest posts