What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am suing Apple

psmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But the iPad does work in hades.. I live there (read, Small Illinois farm town) LOL

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm suing Apple because I was using my ipad in the bathtub one night, the blasted thing got water on it and stopped working. The nerve of APPLE!!

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Kindle or Sony reader have the same sun/heat susceptibility problem?

My wife has a Kindel and never once got an overheat warning. And I couldn't count the number of times she used this outdoors. ????

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the User Guide specifies operating temp range. I found it in a Apple Spec google search.

Environmental requirements

• Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
  • Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
  • Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
  • Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)

People also need to note that covering your ipad (leather case, hard covers, etc) increases the heat

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So let's say you sue apple and win. What are you asking for? How much money should apple give everyone in the law suit?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also wonder if this was just the earliest models. I was home in KY last week and SOP is the kids take my iPad and I don't get it back until I pry the grubby, sticky device from their sleeping fingers. It was 95 down there and we were outdoors all the time, no problems.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also wonder if this was just the earliest models. I was home in KY last week and SOP is the kids take my iPad and I don't get it back until I pry the grubby, sticky device from their sleeping fingers. It was 95 down there and we were outdoors all the time, no problems.

I know for a fact the early models had issues with overheating. And if you complained about it Apple made sure to get one in your hands that didn't have this problem

Most reactions

Latest posts