What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am so excited!!!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had to replace my 4 because it was dying and the start button no longer worked so got the rest of iWork for free (numbers and Keynote). I got a notice to download free apps and they just popped up. Don't ask me how to use them lol imam just glad I have them. I guess because the device is considered to be purchased this year. I originally purchased 4 in 2012.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had that happen to my iPhone when I replaced it this year. However, when I went to go and download the fee iWork's it wouldn't get me on! Good for yoi that you were able to get it!! :)

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dunno, maybe because I paid the 50.00 for accidental damage for the start button that forgot (dammit) but it has other issues such as the screen fading at the sides automatically shutting down on it's own and wouldn't stay horizontal even though it news locked. If it continues on the new pad I will have to restore it as new. I will see how it goes.

So far with AppleCare I've got both iPad replaced. My 2 was a gift that came with AppleCare. I've replaced the 8pincables they became frayed all of sudden wen this was just before the holidays last year. My iPod touch has AppleCare as well. I am going check that as well.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was always ambivalent about AppleCare, until they added the accident coverage. It cuts down on my moments of panic, after dropping the device.

I've used a warrantee replacement for the iPhone 5 (speck in the camera), and the free tech support line once. Though I didn't really need the second, it was nice. If for no other reason than that the tech support person extended my free extra iCloud storage for a year; as a an apology for some (temporarily) lost files.

Now, I always figure in the cost of AppleCare+ when I budget my new devices.

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I had both of my iPads replaced without a hassle. With the 4 I had to pay 50.00 because stupid me dropped it (I didn't realize that was the reason the start button stopped working until later lol) but it's better than paying 249.00 for a new one.

I didn't get AppleCare for my Apple TV. Not expensive enough but I think it's only 30.00.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions